Well y’all, it’s that time of year again – summer! Kids are out of school and the warm days and nights are ahead of us. We are outside more and the sun is making us hot! It’s fun and exhausting all at the same time. What better way to beat the heat than with some ice cream. And you don’t even need a machine to make this delicious indulgence.Now, I have an ice cream maker that I enjoy breaking out from time to time. I really love to make all of us a Homemade Frosty (only 2 ingredients!) And with ice cream makers, you only have to wait minutes for your treat.
This recipe doesn’t require any machine, it only has a few ingredients, but does require just a bit of patience while it sets up. But I promise, the wait is totally worth it. It comes out so creamy and smooth and the flavor is incredible. You don’t need any fancy machine to impress your family and friends!
1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), softened to room temperature
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz.) tub whipped topping, thawed
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
1 1/2 cups graham crackers, roughly chopped
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth.
You just want to very lightly stir it together because you want swirly bits of the cherry filling and graham crackers. Not a totally homogeneous mixture.
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter softened to room temperature, 1/2 stick
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz tub whipped topping (COOL WHIP) thawed
- 1 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Then stir in whipped topping.
When it comes to crushing the graham crackers, don't pound them to smithereens. You want some chunky graham cracker bits in there.
- Gently stir in cherry pie filling and graham crackers.
You just want to very lightly stir it together because you want swirly bits of the cherry filling and graham crackers, not a totally homogeneous mixture.
- Pour mixture into a large loaf pan.
- Cover very tightly with plastic wrap.
- Then put into the freezer to set up (about 6 hours).
If your freezer tends to turn ice cream into hard blocks (like mine), then just sit it out on the counter for a few minutes and it won't take long to soften to make it easier to scoop. There are a lot of fun combinations with this recipe so have fun changing it up! Blueberry, strawberry or peach pie fillings would work great!