When Dad cooked dinner…
Sweet tooth satisfied
Graham Cracker Cake
- 32 squares cinnamon graham crackers crushed (2 3/4 cups)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened, 1 stick
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup cream cheese softened 3 oz.
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened, 1/2 stick
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place graham cracker squares into a large plastic bag, and using a rolling pin, crush crackers into crumbs.
- Mix graham crackers with flour and baking powder.
- Set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add in about 1/3 of graham cracker mixture.
- Then add about 1/3 of the milk.
- Keep alternating graham cracker mixture and milk until it is all incorporated.
- Then stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter into baking dish. It will be thick.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (until toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Allow cake to cool completely.
Then begin making frosting. Cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Spread evenly over cooled cake.
- Then sprinkle some crushed graham crackers on top of the icing (optional).
- Slice and serve!
If not serving right away, this cake needs to be kept refrigerated (because of the icing).