The Best Chicken Spaghetti recipe calls for sliced grilled chicken, spaghetti noodles, cream of chicken, salsa, sour cream and cheese. No Rotel!
THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI RECIPE
This recipe is one I've been meaning to share for a while but it needed some tweaking. The original recipe I had for it was, well, kinda bland. I kept thinking that it needed a little more kick of flavor but I still wanted it simple to make. This recipe makes enough to feed your family and still have enough for leftovers.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
So, I decided I would switch out the can of Rotel (which is basically tomatoes and green chiles) and replace it with salsa. Now I was onto something! That really added some yummy flavors. With just a bit of TACO SEASONING added - it took this dish from bland to boom!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
angel hair pasta
diced, cooked chicken*
cream of chicken soup
Mexican cheese blend
dried parsley, for topping (optional)
*Cook's Notes: For the chicken, to make it quicker, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or the pre-cooked/pre-grilled chicken in the refrigerated section and freezer sections of your grocery store. I love Tyson's Grilled & Ready Southwestern Style Chicken Breast Strips!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? TRY THESE POPULAR RECIPES!
FRIENDSHIP SPAGHETTI PIE
EASY BAKED SPAGHETTI (SPASAGNA)
CROCK POT MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST
EASY BAKED ZITI
BROWN BUTTER CACIO E PEPE
QUICK & EASY SPAGHETTI ALL CARBONARA
SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI "CUPCAKES"
RITZ CHICKEN CASSEROLE
CROCK POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS
CROCK POT MILLION DOLLAR PASTA
CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUIT CUPS
THE BEST CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- 8 oz angel hair pasta (½ of a 16 oz. box)
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, divided use
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- dried parsley, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (remember, you are only using half a box of angel hair pasta here.) Once pasta is cooked, drain well.
- Place pasta back into the pot and add diced chicken, cream of chicken soups, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of Mexican cheese blend and taco seasoning.
- Stir well to combine (this will take a few minutes.)
- Pour combined mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and a sprinkling of dried parsley.
- Cover with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes (until hot and bubbly.)