Not your Momma’s chicken spaghetti
This is a recipe I have been meaning to share for a while. But it was a recipe that needed to be tweaked. The original recipe I had for it was, well, kinda bland. It tasted fine but it wasn’t anything to get excited over. I kept thinking that it needed a little more kick of flavor but I still wanted it simple to make. That’s the beauty of this recipe. It is super simple and it makes enough to feed your family and still have enough for leftovers. And it is so flippin’ good!
Tweaking ain’t easy!
Voila! The best is born!
*Cook’s Notes: For the chicken, to make it quicker, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or the pre-cooked/pre-grilled chicken in the refrigerated section and freezer sections of your grocery store. I love Tyson’s Grilled & Ready Southwestern Style Chicken Breast Strips!
Cover with nonstick aluminum foil.
Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes (until hot and bubbly.)
- 8 oz angel hair pasta 1/2 box
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 10 oz cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend divided use
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- dried parsley for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions (remember, you are only using half a box of angel hair pasta here.)
- Once pasta is cooked, drain well.
- Place pasta back into the pot and add diced chicken, cream of chicken soups, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup of Mexican cheese blend and taco seasoning.
- Stir well to combine (this will take a few minutes.)
- Pour combined mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and a sprinkling of dried parsley.
- Cover with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Cook in the oven for about 25 minutes (until hot and bubbly.)
You can purchase the pre-cooked or pre-grilled chicken in the refrigerated section and freezer sections of your grocery store to cut down on time.