This post sponsored by Eggland’s Best eggs. All opinions and text are my own.
Friendship and Food
It tastes good too
Friendship Spaghetti Pie
1 (32 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
dried parsley, for topping (optional)
- 1 16 oz box spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 32 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- dried parsley for topping (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Make sure to season the boiling water with about a tablespoon of sea salt or kosher salt and olive oil before adding the spaghetti.
- While spaghetti noodles are cooking, start cooking ground beef and onions.
- After meat is browned and crumbled, turn off heat and drain excess grease.
- Put meat back into pan and then stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Leave it in the pan until ready to use.
- Once spaghetti has been cooked and drained.
- Turn off heat.
- Pour spaghetti noodles back into pot.
- Stir in butter until it melts and coats the spaghetti well.
- Then stir in beaten eggs and parmesan cheese.
- Stir quickly.
- Set out two 9-inch (ungreased) pie pans and evenly divide spaghetti noodle mixture into each pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese with garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Stir well.
- Evenly distribute cheese mixture over each pan of spaghetti noodles.
- Drop it all over by small spoonfuls.
- Then take the back of the spoon (or a butter knife) and spread ricotta out evenly over the noodles.
- Top each pie with meat sauce.
- Evenly dividing it between both pans.
- Finally, top each pie with shredded mozzarella.
- Again, dividing it evenly between each pan.
DIRECTIONS FOR IMMEDIATE COOKING: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place the pie tin on a cookie sheet (this will make it easier to put in and take out of the oven.) Bake pie for about 25 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
DIRECTIONS FOR FREEZING: Cover well with plastic wrap. Then wrap it with a layer of aluminum foil. If your disposable pie tin came with a lid, put the lid on top as well. Then freeze. When cooking from frozen, remove all plastic wrap and aluminum foil and any lids, etc. Place pie tin on cookie sheet and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.