You say pumpkin…I say punkin’
Out of all the new recipes I try every year, we always go back to this one. It’s my husband’s favorite version and mine too. It is creamy, fluffy and down right decadent without tasting too sweet or rich. And it’s not difficult to make at all. It just uses some slightly different pumpkin pie ingredients to achieve a really yummy result.
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie
- 1 inch deep dish frozen pie shell 9-, or make your own
- 2 tbsp . real butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 oz can pumpkin puree 15 .
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp . pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp . vanilla extract
- If you are using a frozen pie crust, you may need to partially bake it first.
- Check the back of the package for instructions.
- Most frozen crusts just require that you to sit it out on the counter for about 10 minutes before putting any filling into it.
- Or, if you are using my Wham Bam Pie Crust, just make sure you prick the inside of the crust all around with a fork, then pop it into the fridge to chill while making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree together until combined.
- Add in eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, spices, and vanilla.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into the pie shell, taking care not to overfill.
- You will have some batter left over.
- Also, to keep pie edges from getting too dark, wrap edge of crust in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for about 40-50 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature for 2-3 hours (to allow the pie to finish setting up) then serve with whipped cream.