White Chicken Chili with Cornbread Dumplings is much better than the average white chicken chili. The cornbread dumplings make it amazing!
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
1 (32 oz.) container chicken broth
1 cup water
½ cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. chicken tenders
1 packet taco seasoning
2 (15 oz.) can white beans (northern, navy or canellini), drained
1 (15 oz.) can corn or hominy, undrained
1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
For Cornbread Dumplings (see note below):
1 packet Martha White sweet corn muffin mix
¼ cup green onions, sliced finely
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS:
Ladle into a bowl and serve.
WHITE CHICKEN CHILI WITH CORNBREAD DUMPLINGS
For the chili:
- 1 32 oz container chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 15 oz cans white beans northern, navy or canellini
- 1 15 oz can corn or hominy undrained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
For the dumplings:
- 1 packet Martha White sweet corn muffin mix
- ¼ cup green onions sliced finely
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add in chicken stock, water, diced onions and garlic and chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook chicken until done (about 15-20 minutes).
- Take chicken out and shred using two forks or your stand mixer.
- To the pot, add in taco seasoning, white beans, corn, cream of chicken soup and green chiles.
- Stir, then add in shredded chicken.
- Stir again.
- Cover and cook on medium while you are making the dumplings.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix with green onions, egg, sour cream and cheese. Combine well until a stiff dough forms.
- Drop the dumplings (using only half the mixture) by the teaspoonful into the pot.
- Cover and allow dumplings to steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- They will puff up. To test if they are done, poke a toothpick inside one.
- If it comes out clean (with no batter on it), they are ready.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve.