WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
Ladle into a bowl and serve.
White Chicken Chili with Cornbread DumplingsPrint Pin Rate
- For Chili:
- 1 32 oz container chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 15 oz cans white beans northern, navy or canellini
- 1 15 oz can corn or hominy undrained
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- For Cornbread Dumplings:
- 1 packet Martha White sweet corn muffin mix
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced finely
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add in chicken stock, water, diced onions and garlic and chicken tenders.
- Cover and cook chicken until done (about 15-20 minutes).
- Take chicken out and shred using two forks or your stand mixer.
- To the pot, add in taco seasoning, white beans, corn, cream of chicken soup and green chiles.
- Stir, then add in shredded chicken.
- Stir again.
- Cover and cook on medium while you are making the dumplings.
- In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix with green onions, egg, sour cream and cheese. Combine well until a stiff dough forms.
- Drop the dumplings (using only half the mixture) by the teaspoonful into the pot.
- Cover and allow dumplings to steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- They will puff up. To test if they are done, poke a toothpick inside one.
- If it comes out clean (with no batter on it), they are ready.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve.