This Instant Pot Pork Chili has latin-inspired flavors with green chiles, salsa, adobo seasoning and chili powder. Amazing flavor and tastes like it has simmered all day!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by IOWA PORK PRODUCERS. All opinions and text are my own.
INSTANT POT PORK CHILI
Y’all, I am so excited to share this recipe for Instant Pot Pork Chili with you. I am so thrilled with how it turned out. It is absolutely delicious and filling. The flavors in this are truly next level. It tastes like it’s been simmering away on Grandma’s stovetop all day! The Instant Pot does a great job of breaking down the meat and making it tender in a shorter period of time.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DELICIOUS PORK CHILI:
- A boneless pork loin roast is affordable and makes this meal easy to prepare. However, you could certainly use a pork butt (shoulder) as a substitution.
- Herdez brand mild salsa is my favorite salsa, but feel free to use your family’s favorite salsa or even a HOMEMADE SALSA.
- If you have smoked paprika on hand – use it in this recipe. It gives it a great flavor. But don’t go buying smoked paprika just for this recipe. The regular stuff works just fine.
- Cotija cheese is a Mexican, mild, crumbly cheese that is very similar to Feta. So, if you can’t find Cotija, just purchase some Feta. I promise, adding it on top for serving really adds to the layers of flavor in this dish.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
WHY I CHOOSE TO USE AMERICAN-RAISED PORK:
- It helps our country’s family farmers. When you pick up some pork at Walmart or Kroger (or wherever you like to shop) you are more than likely buying pork that was raised in Iowa by a family that has been doing it for generations.
- I think it is super important, as a consumer, to know where my food is coming from and how it is being raised. It’s comforting to know that families, who care about us and their animals, are producing this food that I am enjoying.
- It’s nutritious! Adding just 3 ounces of pork as a regular part of your diet can give you as much protein as 6 1/2 cups of broccoli.
- American-raised pork is packed with the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs. Pork is a complete protein, more so than plant-based proteins.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
boneless pork loin roast
canned diced green chiles
salsa (I like Herdez mild salsa)
Goya Adobo Seasoning
chopped cilantro, sliced lime, remaining diced red onion and Cotija cheese, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PORK CHILI:
Cut the pork loin roast into 6 pieces and place in the Instant Pot along with 1 can of the diced green chiles (reserve the other can for after cooking), 1/2 of the diced red onion, salsa, chili powder, adobo seasoning, paprika, water and salt.
Select ‘manual’ on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 50 minutes. Once the time expires, allow it to naturally release pressure (approx 20 minutes.) Once the pressure is released, remove the lid
Using two forks, start breaking up the pork pieces so that they become smaller shredded pieces. Do not drain any of the liquid.Add the remaining can of green chiles and stir.Serve with chopped cilantro, remaining diced onion, crumbled cotija cheese and sliced lime, for garnish.
INSTANT POT PORK CHILI
- 4 lb boneless pork loin roast, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 (7 oz) cans diced green chiles (divided use)
- 1 red onion, finely diced (divided use)
- 2 cups salsa (I like Herdez mild salsa)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Goya Adobo Seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika (use smoked paprika if you have it)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt (more to taste)
- chopped cilantro, sliced lime, remaining diced red onion and Cotija cheese, for garnish
- Cut the pork loin roast into 6 pieces and place in the Instant Pot along with 1 can of the diced green chiles (reserve the other can for after cooking), 1/2 of the diced red onion, salsa, chili powder, adobo seasoning, paprika, water and salt.
- Select ‘manual’ on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 50 minutes.
- Once the time expires, allow it to naturally release pressure (approx 20 minutes)
- Once the pressure is released, remove the lid and using two forks, start breaking up the pork pieces so that they become smaller shredded pieces. Do not drain any of the liquid.
- Add the remaining can of green chiles and stir.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, remaining diced onion, crumbled cotija cheese and sliced lime, for garnish.
CRAVING MORE DELICIOUS PORK RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
CROCK POT PORK CHOPS & GRAVY
INSTANT POT PULLED PORK BBQ
THE BEST PORK RIBS
INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN
INSTANT POT COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
CROCK POT BBQ PORK CHOPS
INSTANT POT STUFFED PEPPER SOUP