This recipe for Instant Pot Split Pea soup is creamy, smoky and super flavorful soup. It’s a one pot wonder that’s ready in about 30 minutes!
A THICK AND CREAMY SOUP
Look, split pea soup is pretty ugly. I can’t even pretend otherwise. But it tastes really good! It’s a thick and rich soup that is a classic dish for a reason. We are giving it more flavor by adding some garlic and using a dash of liquid smoke. When you combine that with the flavors of the chopped ham and the sliced leeks, I guarantee this will be your new favorite soup recipe!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SPLIT PEA SOUP RECIPE:
- If you can’t find leeks, just use about 1/4 cup of diced sweet onion.
- This recipe is amazing for leftover ham. After Christmas or Easter when you have more ham than you know what to do with, remember this recipe!
- Dried green split peas can generally be found where the dried beans are in your grocery store.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- leftover chopped ham
- dried green split peas
- salt and pepper
- liquid smoke
- chicken broth
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SPLIT PEA SOUP:
Wash and cut all the vegetables needed and chop ham. Sort and rinse the dried split peas. Look for any little hard bits that should be removed.
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot, stir and seal. Cook on Manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Carefully release the steam by doing a quick steam release.
Thin the soup with water if needed to bring it to the consistency you desire.
The soup will continue to thicken as it cools.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Secure the lid in place and set the vent to sealing.
- Cook on Manual high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Thin the soup with water if needed to bring it to the consistency you desire. The soup will continue to thicken as it cools.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
This recipe has been adapted from the Fix It and Forget It Instant Pot Cookbook.