Instant Pot Crack Chicken is deliciously creamy, cheesy and seasoned with ranch, bacon and green onion. Serve on a bun or as a lettuce wrap.
AN INSTANT POT VERSION
Instant Pot Crack Chicken is the recipe everyone is talking about! It is ridiculously simple to make and the taste is incredible. How can you go wrong with shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, cheese and bacon? Let me answer that for you - you can't! Just a small handful of ingredients and dinner (or lunch or appetizer!) is ready!
IS CRACK CHICKEN LOW CARB OR KETO-FRIENDLY?
If you eat this chicken by itself without adding it on a pita or bun, it is low carb. However, you could wrap it up in a lettuce leaf. I like to use the butter lettuce since it has nice, large sturdy leaves. Or wrap it up in some low carb tortillas. This makes an absolutely delicious wrap sandwich. You can even serve this as a dip along with pita chips!
CAN I MAKE THIS IN A CROCK POT?
Absolutely! Check out my recipe for CROCK POT CRACK CHICKEN to see how!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ranch dressing mix
- cream cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions (optional)
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN:
Place chicken in instant pot and cover with ranch mix and cream cheese. Pour water over top.
Place lid on and cook on manual pressure for 15 minutes. Let naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release after that.
Remove chicken and shred.
Turn instant pot onto saute mode on low. Add chicken back in along with hot sauce (if using), shredded cheese, bacon and green onions.
Stir until cheese is melted and it's creamy.
Serve on buns, wraps, pita pockets, lettuce leaves, etc.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Instant Pot Crack Chicken (+Video)
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounce block cream cheese
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup sliced green onions (optional)
- Buns, wraps, lettuce leaves, etc for serving
- Place chicken in a 6-quart Instant Pot electric pressure cooker and cover with ranch mix and cream cheese.
- Pour water over top and place lid on and cook on manual pressure for 15 minutes.
- Let naturally release for 5 minutes then quick release after that.
- Remove chicken and shred. Turn instant pot onto sauté mode on low.
- Add chicken back in along with cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Stir until cheese is melted and it's creamy.
- Serve on buns, wraps, pita pockets, lettuce leaves etc.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.