Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops and potatoes is a whole meal of gravy covered pork chops and baby potatoes all made in one pot!
This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Co. All opinions and text are my own.
INSTANT POT SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES
A ONE POT MEAL
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS:
WANT MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
INSTANT POT SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
- 1.5 lb bag Dynamic Duo Creamer potatoes by The Little Potato Company
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tsp garlic powder, divided use
- 1 (14 oz) can beef broth, low sodium
- ½ cup water
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 tbsp A1 steak sauce
- 4 bone-in thick cut pork chops
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
To thicken gravy
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- Slice Little potatoes in half and dice onion.Place Little potatoes and diced onion into a steamer basket (that safely fits inside your Instant Pot.)
- Season potatoes and onions with salt, pepper, garlic powder and gently toss to season evenly.
- In the insert of a 6-quart Instant Pot, stir together beef broth, water cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and steak sauce.
- Season both sides of the pork chops with garlic powder and black pepper. Place pork chops into the gravy mixture (doing your best to make sure they get coated with the gravy.)
- Place steamer basket (with potatoes and onions) on top of pork chops.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set the pressure release valve to "sealing." Set on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When finished, carefully do a quick pressure release.
- Remove steamer basket and set aside. Then remove pork chops and set aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. Stir in sour cream (if using.)
To thicken gravy:
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to gravy. Whisk the mixture and allow to come to a gentle boil until gravy thickens.
- Serve gravy over pork chops along with a side of potatoes.