A fun hand-held meal, these Doritos Walking Tacos are easy to assemble and perfect for any occasion!
PERFECT FOR PARTIES!
If you’ve ever had to plan food for birthday parties, church potlucks, sports banquets, etc., then you know how difficult it can be to feed everyone easily while satisfying different picky eaters. These Doritos Walking Tacos make it easy. Whether you make it for your family or for a crowd, these Doritos walking tacos only require some nacho cheese chips and your favorite taco toppings! With so many topping options, the possibilities for this recipe are endless. If you want a tasty taco (without the mess!) then you have to make my Doritos Walking Tacos recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
No, you can use any of your favorite Doritos flavors. Cool Ranch is another one that we love.
These are great to set up as a taco bar where you have your bags of Doritos and all the toppings set out where people can make their own Walking Tacos. This is perfect for picky eaters!!
You can top them with any of your favorite taco toppings. Some ideas include salsa, guacamole, olives, jalapeños, sour cream, pinto beans, refried beans, kidney beans – the list goes on!
I do not recommend storing them after they have been assembled. They are best eaten fresh. You can store all the other ingredients to make these separately until you are ready to assemble.
Yes you can! We love using our Crock Pot Taco Meat for this recipe, where it can remain in the crock pot until ready to use and stays warm!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- seasoned taco meat
- black beans
- colby jack cheese
- your favorite taco toppings
HOW TO MAKE DORITOS WALKING TACOS:
Open or cut off the tops of the Doritos bags. Fold the sides down slightly. This makes the “tacos” easier to eat. Note: I like to crush my Doritos a bit to make this more like a taco salad. I will crush them with my hands before I open the bag.
Add the taco meat to the bag.
Next add the beans.
Top beans with cheese.
Lastly add your favorite taco toppings. We like to add guacamole, sour cream, fresh salsa, diced tomatoes, olives, fresh chopped cilantro, and a lime wedge to ours.
Squeeze the lime over the top and mix everything together. Grab a fork and enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Doritos Walking Tacos
- 8 (1 ounce) bags Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 1 pound prepared seasoned taco meat
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup grated Colby Jack cheese
- your favorite taco toppings
- Open or cut off the tops of the Doritos bags. Fold down the sides slightly, this makes the "tacos" easier to eat.
- Note: I like to crush my Doritos a bit to make this more like a taco salad. I will crush them with my hands before I open the bag.
- Divide the taco meat, beans, and cheese among the bags.
- Add your favorite taco toppings. We like to add guacamole, sour cream, fresh salsa, diced tomatoes, olives, fresh chopped cilantro, and a lime wedge to ours.
- Squeeze the lime over the top and mix everything together. Grab a fork and enjoy!
- Nutritional value does not include toppings.
- You can use any flavor of Doritos that you like.
- This is great to set up as a taco bar with bags and ingredients set out for people to build themselves.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings.
- I love using my Crock Pot Taco Meat for this recipe as you can keep it warm in the crock pot.
- Or you can buy a packet of taco seasoning and prepare meat according to the back of the package directions.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.