This Walking Banana Pudding is a crazy fun, easy and tasty treat that whips up in minutes with only 5 simple ingredients!
A FUN AND TASTY HAND-HELD BANANA SNACK
If you have ever heard of Walking Tacos then you need to try this Walking Banana Pudding. It's the same concept but in dessert form! With vanilla wafers, banana pudding, whipped topping and freshly sliced bananas, you really can't go wrong with this treat! It is perfect for parties, barbecues or just to put together because you are wanting a delicious banana snack. If you want a fun dessert snack that everyone will rave about, then you must make this Walking Banana Pudding recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I highly suggest using banana cream pudding for this recipe as it gives more banana flavor. If you don't enjoy the flavor of banana cream pudding then you can certainly use vanilla pudding in it's place. You can also use the snack cups of pudding to make this even easier to assemble!
Using the mini vanilla wafer bags work perfect for this recipe. They do hold up well. Vanilla wafers also come in smaller snack tubs so you can also use those for a sturdier base to hold onto and they can stand up on their own if they need to be set down.
You absolutely can! You can make this recipe as complex or as simple as you would like! You can also use Reddi-Wip from a can.
To make your own homemade whipped cream, you will need ½ cup heavy cream and 2 Tbsp powdered sugar. Add these to a bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
Of course you can! You can use my favorite Homemade Banana Pudding for this recipe. You will have a little leftover, but trust me, you will not let it go to waste since it is so good!
You must try my WALKING STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD RECIPE. It is so delicious and easy to put together. It is definitely a crowd favorite along with this Walking Banana Pudding recipe!
I don't recommend storing after they have been assembled. You can store all the ingredients separately and the assemble when you are ready to eat.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- instant banana cream pudding
- mini nilla wafers
- whipped cream
HOW TO MAKE WALKING BANANA PUDDING:
Place the instant pudding mix and the milk into a large bowl.
Using a whisk to whip it for 2 minutes, and place it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
While the pudding sets, open the bags of nilla wafers and roll down the sides. This is easier if you have a tray or baking dish with high sides so you can sit them up while filling. It's also a great way to serve them to your hungry crowd!
Evenly distribute the pudding almond the bags.
Next add the whipped cream.
Finally add the sliced bananas among the bags.
Serve and enjoy!
I like to add a few more nilla wafer to the top of the bag for presentation! This is completely optional.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
WALKING BANANA PUDDING
- 3.4 oz package instant banana cream pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 12 (1 oz) bags of mini nilla wafers
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 large banana thinly sliced
- Place the pudding mix and the milk into a large bowl, using a whisk whip it for 2 minutes. Place it in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- While the pudding sets, open the bags of nilla wafers and roll down the sides.
- This is easier if you have a tray or baking dish with high sides so you can sit them up while filling. It's also a great way to serve them to your hungry crowd!
- Evenly distribute the pudding, whipped cream, and sliced bananas among the bags and serve.
- You can use the nilla wafer that are sold in containers (instead of bags) for a sturdier hold.
- Snack pack pudding cam be used instead of boxed pudding.
- I like to add a few more nilla wafers on top for presentation.
- You can make your own homemade whipped cream for this (see my notes above) or you can use Cool Whip or Reddi-Wip as well.
- If you want to make your own homemade pudding you can do that as well. We love using this Homemade Banana Pudding recipe.
- You may need more than one banana if yours are on the small side.