When it comes to easy, fun and unique treats, this Walking Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a hand-held version of the classic potluck dessert!
A TASTY HAND-HELD DESSERT
If you love Strawberry Pretzel Salad, then I know you are absolutely going to adore this Walking Strawberry Pretzel Salad recipe. I don't know why we call these things 'salad'. Maybe because it's just a mix of ingredients? With individual bags of pretzels, cheesecake pudding, strawberry pie filling and whipped topping this is such a fun and easy dessert that everyone can walk around with and the cleanup is a breeze! If you plan on having a party or just a gathering and are looking for something fun and unique that each guest can assemble then you have to try this Walking Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I found that cheesecake pudding in this recipe blends well with the other flavors; however, If you can't find cheesecake or are not a fan you can substitute with French vanilla.
The bags are the perfect way to serve this treat. They do hold up very well and it makes cleanup so easy. Guests can just toss their bags in the trash when they are finished!
You can! You can make this recipe as complex or as simple as you would like! You can also use Reddi-Wip from a can. To make your own homemade whipped cream, you will need ½ cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoon powdered sugar. Add these to a bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
You can even make your own homemade pudding if you'd like!
Of course! This is your dessert to do with what you will. Traditional Strawberry Pretzel Salad obviously has a strawberry topping but you could certainly set out a variety of pie toppings for guests to serve themselves and add what they prefer.
This is meant to be eaten right away after assembling if you want a crunchier pretzel base. The pretzels will get softer after you assemble. Some folks prefer a softer pretzel base so it's really up to you .
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- instant cheesecake pudding mix
- mini pretzel bags
- strawberry pie filling
- Cool Whip whipped topping (thawed)
HOW TO MAKE WALKING STRAWBERRY PRETZEL SALAD:
Place the pudding mix and the cold milk in a large bowl.
Whisk together for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
While the pudding sets, gently crush up the pretzels in the bottom of each bag before opening. This step is optional but I find this easier to eat if the pretzels are a little crushed first.
Snip off the tops of the pretzel bags and roll down the bags on top. Place them in a serving tray or a large casserole dish that will help keep the bags propped up.
Evenly distribute the pudding among the bags.
Evenly distribute the strawberry pie filling among the bags.
Then top with the whipped topping.
Garnish with the crushed pretzels and serve!
Make sure you have spoons on hand for your guests. Enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- WALKING BANANA PUDDING
- WALKING STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
- DORITOS WALKING TACOS
- STRAWBERRY CHEESE DANISH
- NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY TIRAMISU
- THE BEST STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY MESS
- STRAWBERRY JELL-O POKE CUPCAKES
- SHONEY'S STRAWBERRY PIE
- NO-BAKE STRAWBERRY ANGEL DESSERT
Walking Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 3.4 ounce package instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 12 1 ounce bags mini pretzels
- 21 ounce can strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) thawed
- 2 tablespoon crushed pretzels, for garnish OPTIONAL
- Place the pudding mix and the cold milk in a large bowl.
- Whisk together for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set.
- While the pudding sets, gently crush up the pretzels in the bottom of each bag before opening. This step is optional but I find this easier to eat if the pretzels are a little crushed first.
- Snip off the tops of the pretzel bags and roll down the bags on top. Place them on a serving tray or in a large casserole dish so the bags can be propped up.
- Evenly distribute the pudding among the bags.
- Evenly distribute the strawberry pie filling among the bags.
- Then top with the whipped topping.
- Garnish with the crushed pretzels and serve! Make sure you have spoons on hand for your guests.
- Make sure to get the instant pudding - not 'Cook & Serve' or it won't set up.
- If you are not a fan of cheesecake pudding you can use vanilla.
- Use different pie fillings to change this up a bit.
- Do not assemble too far in advance unless you want a softer pretzel base.
- For a fun activity, let guests assemble these themselves. Just put out all the ingredients and serve with spoons.