I’m not preaching this as health food. I know some folks love to hate on Doritos. So, if that is you, just click away now. 😉 For everyone else – let’s enjoy this layered goodness of seasoned ground beef, Doritos, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, lettuce, two kinds of cheeses and catalina dressing. Oh yeah!
Dorito Taco Casserole
I go crazy with toppings on this because I love it all. I put some sour cream, sliced jalapeños, guacamole and salsa on top before serving.
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup diced onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
1 (8 oz.) pkg. shredded monterey jack cheese
1 (10 oz.) bag Doritos, crushed
1 tomato, diced
1 head lettuce, shredded
1 (16 oz) bottle Catalina dressing
additional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, jalapeños, sliced olives
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (10 oz) bag Doritos, crushed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 (16 oz) bottle Catalina dressing
- additional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, jalapeños, sliced olives
- Brown beef and onion in skillet, drain off any fat.
Add taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil, then turn down heat and allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in cream of chicken soup until combined well.
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees. In a 9 x 13 pan, layer ingredients as listed: crushed Doritos, seasoned meat, kidney beans and 2/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and remaining shredded cheese. Drizzle with Catalina dressing. Serve with any of your additional favorite taco toppings.
Originally published: November 2017
Republished: January 2019