Dorito Taco Salad is a huge favorite! A delicious combination of taco seasoned ground beef, Doritos, taco toppings and catalina dressing.
DORITO TACO SALAD
I grew up as a Navy brat (that's what they call us military kids). My Dad was deployed pretty frequently. That left my Mom, who also worked outside the home, taking care of us kids by herself, fixing all the house disasters that always seemed to happen the minute Dad left and doing her best to get meals on the table. This Doritos Taco Salad was one of those meals. And let me tell ya, it is still a favorite of mine to this day.
TACO SALAD BAR FOR THE WIN
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE DORITO TACO SALAD:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THESE! CHECK THESE OUT!
DORITO WALKING TACOS
FRITO TACO SALAD
CHEESEBURGER & FRIES CASSEROLE
TACO CRESCENT RING
EASY TACO MAC & CHEESE
CORNBREAD TACO BAKE
DORITO TACO SALAD
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ⅔ cups water, (or whatever amount the back of your packet of taco seasoning requires)
- 1 bag Doritos
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ head lettuce, shredded
- 1 block cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 bottle Catalina dressing
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a medium skillet. Once cooked, drain excess grease
- Add packet of taco seasoning and water.
- Let water reduce until the beef mixture is thick. Turn off heat.
- Crush a handful (or more) of Doritos and place into a large bowl.
- Next add in taco beef mixture.
- Then add kidney beans, shredded lettuce, cheese and diced tomatoes.
- Then lightly drizzle with Catalina dressing. Stir well.
- Serve with sour cream.
Originally published: January 2011
Updated and republished: May 2019