Slow cooker time!
I suppose in the winter time I crave soups more than any other time of year. What’s not to love? They are warm and comforting and just beg to be eaten with a bit of bread. This is one of those soups that are fun to make and eat. You can really dress this soup up however you like.
Add in different kinds of beans like black beans or kidney beans. Then have some fun with the toppings. If you’re serving this up to guests, you can have lots of different bowls with all kinds of toppings to choose from. Bake up some Mexican cornbread to serve with it and you just can’t go wrong.
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 can beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel), undrained
1 can pinto beans, undrained
1 can kernel corn, undrained
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup water
In a pan, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced onion. I season my ground beef with a little salt & pepper.
Drain excess grease. Put ground beef and onion mixture in slow cooker. Add in diced tomatoes, corn, pinto beans and beef broth.
Fill tomato can with water (about 1 cup).
Add water to soup mixture. Stir in packet of ranch dressing mix.
And packet of taco seasoning.
Give it all a good stir and set on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Served here with crushed corn tortilla chips, sour cream, Mexican cheeses and chopped green onion.
Crock Pot Taco SoupPrint Pin Rate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can kernel corn, undrained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- optional toppings: crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions
- In a pan, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced onion (season with a pinch of salt & pepper). Drain excess grease.
- Put ground beef and onion mixture in slow cooker.
- Add in diced tomatoes, corn, pinto beans, beef broth and water.
- Stir in packets of ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning.
- Give it all a good stir and set on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- serve and top with: crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions