Crock Pot Taco Soup combines ground beef, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, Rotel, corn, diced tomatoes topped with sour cream and cheese!
ALL YOUR FAVORITE TACO FLAVORS IN A SOUP
I suppose in the winter time I crave soups more than any other time of year. What's not to love? They are warm and comforting and just beg to be eaten with a bit of bread. This is one of those soups that are fun to make and eat. You can really dress this soup up however you like.
TIPS FOR MAKING CROCK POT TACO SOUP:
- Add in different kinds of beans like black beans or kidney beans.
- Have some fun with the toppings: sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, tortilla strips or chips, and green onions are just a few of our favorites!
- If you're serving this up to guests, you can have lots of different bowls with all kinds of toppings to choose from.
- Bake up some MEXICAN CORNBREAD to serve with it and you just can't go wrong.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- beef broth
- diced tomatoes and green chiles (Rotel)
- pinto beans
- taco seasoning
- ranch dressing mix
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT TACO SOUP:
In a pan, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced onion. I season my ground beef with a little salt and pepper.
Drain excess grease. Put ground beef and onion mixture in slow cooker. Add in diced tomatoes, corn, pinto beans and beef broth. Stir in ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning mix.
Fill tomato can with water (about 1 cup.) Add water to soup mixture.
Give it all a good stir and set on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Served here with crushed corn tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped green onion.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Crock Pot Taco Soup (+Video)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 15 ounce can beef broth
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans, undrained
- 15 ounce can kernel corn, undrained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- optional toppings: crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions
- In a pan, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced onion (season with a pinch of salt and pepper). Drain excess grease.
- Put ground beef and onion mixture in slow cooker.
- Add in diced tomatoes, corn, pinto beans, beef broth and water.
- Stir in packets of ranch dressing mix and taco seasoning.
- Cover and set on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve and top with: crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, sliced green onions
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: November 2019