Easy Cheeseburger Soup
I have been telling everyone on facebook that I have been in a soup sort of mood lately. The weather is nowhere near cool by me right now but once the kids are back in school, my mind just gradually turns to all things fall. Football games, apple picking, hay rides and warm, comforting soup. And this Cheeseburger Soup is definitely what I would call comfort soup. It takes one of my favorite foods and transforms it into a creamy, flavor-packed soup. This one got a thumbs up from my hubby and resident taste-tester, Gene.
2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules (about 4 cubes)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
2 1/2 cups milk, divided use
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
Optional Garnish: 1/2 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules about 4 cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef browned and drained
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 oz Velveeta cubed
- lb Optional Garnish: 1/2 lb bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease and set aside. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and remaining 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Gradually whisk into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly (so mixture does not burn.) Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until completely melted. Garnish with bacon.