Cheeseburger soup is the ultimate comfort soup. Chock full of seasoned ground beef, potatoes, onions, cheese all in a creamy soup!
THE BEST CHEESEBURGER SOUP
I have been telling everyone on facebook that I have been in a soup sort of mood lately. My mind is gradually turning to all things fall. Football games, apple picking, hay rides and warm, comforting soup. This Cheeseburger Soup is definitely what I would call comfort soup. It takes one of my favorite foods and transforms it into a creamy, flavor-packed soup.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
TIPS FOR MAKING CHEESEBURGER SOUP:
- I recently made this and added store-bought gnocchi to it. I just added a tad more beef broth to the soup since I was adding additional ingredients that would soak up some of the liquid.
- Carrots are optional in this. I try to get in those veggies where I can though. 🙂
- Beef broth can be substituted for the beef bouillon and water.
- Along with the bacon for topping, try adding sliced green onions too.
- Fresh garlic is best in this but the jarred stuff will work in a pinch.
- This can be made in the crock pot. Brown the ground beef first. Then pop all the ingredients (minus the flour and water mixture) in the crock pot and cook on low for about 4-6 hours. Then 30 minutes before serving, add in flour/water slurry mixture and turn crock pot to high setting to allow mixture to thicken.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
beef bouillon granules
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER SOUP:
Originally published: September 2011
Updated & republished: November 2019
THE BEST CHEESEBURGER SOUP
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules (about 4 cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 1/2 cups milk (divided use)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 oz Velveeta, cubed
- 1/2 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease and set aside. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and remaining 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Gradually whisk into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly (so mixture does not burn.) Reduce heat; add cheese and stir until completely melted. Garnish with bacon.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS ONE? YOU GOTTA TRY THESE!
CREAMY HAMBURGER HASH SOUP
CROCK POT CREAMY TORTELLINI AND SAUSAGE STEW
CHEESEBURGER AND FRIES CASSEROLE
BACON CHEESEBURGER GNOCCHI