2 carrots, finely diced
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can cannellini beans (or white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
1 (26 oz.) container beef stock (or 3 cups)
1 jar (25 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 tsp. dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup uncooked ditalini pasta (see cook’s notes below)
salt, to taste (about ½ tbsp. kosher salt)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed, or white kidney beans
- 1 26 oz container beef stock or 3 cups
- 1 25 oz jar jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste (about 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 cup ditalini pasta or your favorite pasta shape
- Brown and crumble ground beef.
- Drain excess grease.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker (except for pasta) and stir.
- Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
- During the last 30 minutes or so of cooking, add in the pasta and stir.
Pasta likes to absorb a lot of the liquid so if you like your soup a bit more soupy, be prepared to have an extra can of beef broth handy. You can add it in towards the end.