These homemade Olive Garden Garlic Breadsticks taste even better than the originals. So soft and the garlic butter topping is to die for!
OLIVE GARDEN GARLIC BREADSTICKS
TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE GARLIC BREADSTICKS:
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
active dry yeast
HOW TO MAKE OLIVE GARDEN HOMEMADE GARLIC BREADSTICKS:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? GIVE THESE A TRY!
HOMEMADE OLIVE GARDEN GARLIC BREADSTICKS
For the breadsticks:
- 1 ½ cups very warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast 2 ¼ tsp
- 4 ¼ cups all-purpose flour I like White Lily flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
For the garlic butter topping:
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (½ stick)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered. Mixture should be frothy.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or medium-sized bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add yeast mixture and melted butter to flour mixture.
- Mix with dough hook attachment on stand mixer or stir with a wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. Remember these are going to double in size!
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap sprayed with nonstick spray (so dough doesn't stick to it from the inside) or cover with a clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place to rise.
- I like to preheat my oven to 150F degrees, then turn it off. I’ll put the breasticks in there to rise because it is a nice, warm & draft free area.
- Once they have doubled in size (about an hour), remove sheet from oven and preheat oven up to 400F degrees.
- Once it has reached temperature, take plastic wrap off of breadsticks and put in the oven to bake.
- While they are baking, make butter topping.
- Microwave butter until melted and add garlic powder and salt, stir until combined.
- After 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture.
- Then continue to bake for another 6-7 minutes.
- Immediately upon removal from the oven, brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.
Originally published: August 2011
Updated & republished: June 2019