The Cheesy Bread with a secret…
1 stick butter or margarine, softened
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1small loaf Italian or French bread
dried parsley flakes (optional)
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 stick salted butter (or margarine) softened to room temp.
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small loaf Italian or French bread
- dried parsley flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
Cut loaf in half lengthwise, and put both halves on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combined softened butter with minced garlic.
- Stir well.
- In another bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese with mayonnaise.
Spread butter/garlic mixture on loaf halves.
- Next, spread cheese/mayo mixture on top (I find it easiest to do this part with my hands).
- Sprinkle with some dried parsley flakes for a bit of color (optional)
- Bake in 375F degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cut into slices and serve. Makes half a loaf.
If your garlic cloves are really large, then you can probably get away with only using 2 cloves for this recipe.