This cheesy garlic bread is made with butter, fresh garlic, shredded mozzarella cheese and has a secret ingredient that takes it over the top!
THE BEST CHEESE GARLIC BREAD RECIPE
This cheesy garlic bread is hands-down my ultimate garlic bread. It's pretty much a meal in itself. Serve it with some marinara sauce and you have an amazing appetizer. Or pair it up with a favorite dish like my CROCK POT LASAGNA, BAKED SPAGHETTI (SPASAGNA) or STUFFED SHELLS.
THE SECRET INGREDIENT
This garlic bread has a little secret ingredient that makes it super cheesy and takes it over the top! It's mayonnaise - yes mayonnaise! I know it sounds weird. But if you really want an amazing treat, you gotta trust me on this. It really gives it so much flavor!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- butter or margarine
- fresh garlic cloves
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian or French bread
- dried parsley flakes
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CHEESY GARLIC BREAD:
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Cut loaf in half lengthwise, place on baking sheet.
In a small bowl combined softened butter with minced garlic. Stir well.
In another bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese with mayonnaise. It's a bit glumpy (very technical cooking term there.) Just do your best to combine them together with a spoon.
Spread butter/garlic mixture on both loaf halves.
Next, spread cheese/mayo mixture on top. I find it easiest to do this part with my hands. Sprinkle with some dried parsley flakes for a bit of color.
Bake in 375F degree oven for about 12-15 minutes. Until cheese is melted and bubbly. Cut into slices and serve.
CRAVING MORE? YOU MUST TRY THESE RECIPES!
Garlic Cheese Bread
- 1 small loaf Italian or French bread
- 1 stick (½ cup) salted butter softened to room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- dried parsley flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise, and put both halves on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combined softened butter with minced garlic. Stir well.
- In another bowl, combine shredded mozzarella cheese with mayonnaise.
- Spread butter/garlic mixture on loaf halves.
- Next, spread cheese/mayo mixture on top (I find it easiest to do this part with my hands).
- Sprinkle with some dried parsley flakes for a bit of color (optional)
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- If your garlic cloves are really large, then you can probably get away with only using 2 cloves for this recipe.
- I don't recommend Miracle Whip. Also, I haven't used any kind of non-cow's milk cheese or Vegan mayonnaise substitutes so I can't say how those would turn out.
Updated & republished: August 2019