Give me ALL the pasta!
When Gene and I were stationed overseas, I wasn’t doing a whole lot of cooking then. We were both in our 20’s and we were both working hard and playing hard. There were a few meals that were on the standard rotation. And when I had time to really whip up something yummy, this was one of the recipes I would break out. Pasta meals are so forgiving. It’s hard to mess them up (although, I’m sure a few of us could tell a few stories!) and you can be pretty creative with the added ingredients.
1 package of jumbo pasta shells
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, finely diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
2 cups hot water
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 container (16 oz) small curd cottage cheese (or Ricotta)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided use
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
dried parsley (optional)
Stuffed ShellsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 package of jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 16 oz container small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided use
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- dried parsley optional
- Prepare jumbo shells per package directions.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook beef, onion and garlic in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook until beef is brown and crumbled.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in water, tomato paste, beef bouillon cubes and oregano.
- Stir and allow to simmer while preparing the shells.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Begin stuffing cooked shells. About a tablespoon of the cheese mixture will fit into each one.
- You should be able to fit about 24 into your 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour sauce mixture on top of shells. Cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for about 40-45.
- Uncover and sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese over the top. Sprinkle with dried parsley.
- Bake for an additional 5-8 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.