This homemade copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing tastes even better than the original and the bottled stuff! It works great in pasta salads and as a marinade too!
A CREAMY ITALIAN DRESSING RECIPE
I think one of my favorite things to do is to recreate my favorite restaurant meals at home, like with this Olive Garden Salad Dressing. I always say that even though recipes can sometimes come close to those restaurant favorites, I will never say it tastes exactly like what you get in the restaurant but we can get the taste pretty darn close. Also, I know you can totally buy this stuff in the grocery store now but I promise you that this version will taste WAY better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes. First you are going to prepare the packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing just like it tells you to do on the back of the packet. Then you will take that prepared dressing and add the other ingredients listed below to turn this into Olive Garden Salad Dressing.
This dressing is delicious in pasta salads and as a chicken marinade!
Store unused dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to give the bottle a good shake before using.
If you've never seen Good Seasons Italian Dressing before, you can usually find it down the aisle in your grocery store where all the other salad dressings are. The packets are usually near where they keep the packets of ranch dressing. Most stores carry the boxed sets that also come with the salad dressing cruet. See my ingredient image below for reference.
You will need:
- 1 bag of iceberg lettuce mix
- 6-8 pepperoncini peppers
- 6 ounces of whole black olives
- ½ red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 1 cup of croutons
- ½-1 cup of parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Add the lettuce to a large salad bowl then add the peppers, olives, onion slices, tomatoes, croutons and parmesan to the salad. Drizzle the salad dressing over top and toss to combine, then serve.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Good Seasonings Italian Dressing mix
- (Ingredients needed to make the dressing mix; oil, water, vinegar)
- Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- light extra virgin olive oil
- white vinegar
HOW TO MAKE OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING:
Prepare Good Seasonings Italian Seasonings Dressing as it states on back of packet.
The packet makes just a small bit of dressing. Once prepared, pour dressing in a medium bowl. Then whisk in additional ingredients listed above (starting with the dried Italian Seasoning.)
Using a whisk, mix all ingredients until mixed thoroughly combined.
At this point you pour it into a container with a lid. Mason jars also work well for this or pour it over your salad and enjoy!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe (+Video)
- 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
- Ingredients needed to make dressing; oil, water & vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- In a bowl, prepare Good Seasonings Italian Seasonings Dressing as it states on back of package (mixing with oil, water & vinegar in the measurements given on packet)
- Once prepared, add the rest of the ingredients listed to the bowl
- Using a whisk, mix all ingredients until mixed thoroughly combined.
- Serve with your favorite salad fixings.
- Store unused dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to give the bottle a good shake before using.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Recipe Credit: Barenaked Chef
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: June 2019