This homemade copycat Olive Garden Salad Dressing tastes even better than the original. It works great in pasta salads and as a marinade too!
OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING
I think one of my favorite things to do is to recreate my favorite restaurant meals at home, like with this Olive Garden Salad Dressing. I always say that even though recipes can sometimes come close to those restaurant favorites, I will never say it tastes exactly like what you get in the restaurant but we can get the taste pretty darn close. Also, I know you can totally by this stuff in the grocery store now but I promise you that this version will taste WAY better.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS?
Yes. First you are going to prepare the packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing just like it tells you to do on the back of the packet. Then you will take that prepared dressing and add the other ingredients listed below to turn this into Olive Garden Salad Dressing.
This dressing is delicious in pasta salads and as a chicken marinade!
Store dressing in a lidded container. It should keep in your refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Good Seasonings Italian Dressing mix
- (Ingredients needed to make the dressing mix; oil, water, vinegar)
- Italian Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- light extra virgin olive oil
- white vinegar
WHERE DO I FIND THE GOOD SEASONS ITALIAN DRESSING MIX IN THE STORE?
If you've never seen Good Seasons Italian Dressing before, you can usually find it down the aisle in your grocery store where all the other salad dressings are. The packets are usually near where they keep the packets of ranch dressing. Most stores carry the boxed sets that also come with the salad dressing cruet.
HOW TO MAKE OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING:
Prepare Good Seasonings Italian Seasonings Dressing as it states on back of packet.
The packet makes just a small bit of dressing. Once prepared, pour dressing in a medium bowl.
Then whisk in additional ingredients listed above (starting with the dried Italian Seasoning.)
Using a whisk, mix all ingredients until mixed thoroughly combined and pour it into a container with a lid. Mason jars also work well for this.
Serve with your favorite salad fixings.
Store unused dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Be sure to give the bottle a good shake before using.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? TRY THESE!
OLIVE GARDEN SALAD DRESSING
- 1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing
- Ingredients needed to make dressing; oil, water & vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- In a bowl, prepare Good Seasonings Italian Seasonings Dressing as it states on back of package (mixing with oil, water & vinegar in the measurements given on packet)
- Once prepared, add the rest of the ingredients listed to the bowl
- Using a whisk, mix all ingredients until mixed thoroughly combined.
- Serve with your favorite salad fixings.
- Store unused dressing in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks. Be sure to give the bottle a good shake before using.
Recipe Credit: BARENAKED CHEF
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: June 2019