This Creamy Bacon Broccoli Pasta Salad is truly amazing! Rotini pasta, bacon, onion and broccoli tossed in a creamy sweet and sour dressing.
A CLASSIC PASTA SALAD RECIPE
Who doesn’t love a good pasta salad? They are usually pretty easy to make and not to mention filling. I have got a fantastic pasta salad to share with you today. It’s a classic recipe that has a slightly sweet, slightly tangy thing going on that really adds to the overall flavor!
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS CAN I ADD TO PASTA SALAD?
You can change up the add-ins however you like. Use a different pasta or maybe you want to use green peppers or grapes or some toasted nuts. All that can be tailored to your tastes. But the creamy sauce really makes this salad something special.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- rotini pasta
- fresh broccoli
- red onion
- red wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY BACON BROCCOLI PASTA SALAD:
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Chop broccoli, onion and bacon. Note: A quick word about how this broccoli should be chopped up. It’s helpful if you aren’t real familiar with chopping up fresh broccoli. We just want the top part of the broccoli here, the florets. So you need to chop off the thick stem. Maybe put those in your veggie stock or compost bin.
And then chop up the florets so that they are in smaller bite-size pieces.
I chopped up the bacon while I was doing my other chopping and then put it in a little baggie. I add the bacon in right before serving so that it will stay kinda crispy when ready to eat
In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
Once pasta is cooked, be sure to drain it well.
Then put it in a large bowl. Pour in mayonnaise mixture, chopped broccoli and diced onion (don’t add the bacon in yet, you want to add that in right before serving so it stays crunchy.) Stir well.
Cover bowl and put in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
Before serving, add crumbled bacon to salad.
Then give it all a good stir and then serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Creamy Bacon Broccoli Pasta Salad (+Video)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Chop broccoli, onion and bacon.
- In a bowl, mix together mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Once pasta has been cooked and drained well, put it in a large bowl.
- Pour in mayonnaise mixture, chopped broccoli and diced onion (don’t add the bacon in yet, you want to add that in right before serving so it stays crunchy).
- Stir well.
- Cover bowl and put in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, add crumbled bacon to salad and then give it all a good stir and then serve.
- Some additional add-ins that would be delicious in this are some halved red grapes (1 1/2 cups) and chopped pecans (1 cup).
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.