Made with delicious and fresh ingredients, this Chicken Macaroni Salad is perfect for a picnic or an easy lunch where everyone will want seconds!
A TASTY POTLUCK SALAD
Spring is here and that means the beginning of all the cookouts and picnics and I'm absolutely here for it. This Chicken Macaroni Salad will become one of your new favorites! Sometimes you get bored with the same ole regular macaroni salad and want to amp it up a bit and that is exactly what we did with this recipe. This salad is super tasty, easy to make and the perfect dish to bring to any of your spring and summer gatherings. If you want to switch up your usual macaroni salad, you need to make this Chicken Macaroni Salad recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
While Macaroni Salad is the normal for this recipe you can use any small pasta such as rotini, penne and farfalle. Just as long as you use the same amount called for in the recipe itself.
We usually boil up some chicken breasts and then shred them, but you can bake or grill them as well. Or you can cut some time and use rotisserie chicken.
If you want this to be a little sweeter you can use sweet relish instead. I believe it is about personal preference. Or if you do not like relish at all you can omit it.
Yes, if there are other vegetables that you'd rather use than the ones that we have in this recipe, feel free to use your favorite or what you have on hand.
This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 3 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- yellow mustard
- dill pickle relish
- dried dill
- salt and pepper
- hard-boiled eggs
- shredded chicken
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN MACARONI SALAD:
Stir the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, dill, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
Stir in the celery, eggs and carrots then stir in the chicken.
Finally, toss in the pasta to combine then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving with freshly chopped parsley for garnish and crackers if desired.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 1 ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 12 ounces macaroni, boiled and drained
- Stir the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, dill, salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the celery, eggs and carrots then stir in the chicken.
- Finally, toss in the pasta to combine then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving with freshly chopped parsley for garnish and crackers if desired.
- You can use rotisserie chicken to speed up the time.
- Use any smaller pasta that you'd like, see tips above.
- You can use sweet relish if you'd like or leave it out all together.
- Add any of your favorite vegetables in place of the ones we have in this recipe.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.