Pasta Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing
Name this whisk!
- 1 lb box rotini pasta
- 1 8 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 large cucumber peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in halves
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse cooked pasta in colander with cold water (until pasta is cooled), drain well.
- Put drained pasta in a large bowl then top with cheese, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers.
- For the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk well to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- This will take a few minutes for the oil and sugar to blend. Be patient, it will blend.
If you are serving this right away, go ahead and add all the dressing to the pasta, toss it all together, then serve. If you are not serving right away, then wait to add dressing until right before serving (keep salad covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.) Or, if you are going to eat this over the course of a couple of days, add the dressing as you eat it. This will keep the salad from soaking up all that yummy dressing while sitting in the fridge.
Optional add-ins: Sliced olives or sliced grilled chicken