This Caesar Basil Pasta Salad is a unique but simple recipe. Made with rotini pasta, a caesar basil pesto dressing, cherry tomatoes and fresh mozzarella!
A DELICIOUSLY CREAMY PASTA SALAD
Don't you just love pasta salads? I don't know what it is about them, but if I see one at a potluck, like this Caesar Basil Pasta Salad, I am on it with a quickness! What I love about this particular creamy pasta salad is that it is so unique and not your traditional Italian-style or ranch pasta salad but it's packed with so much flavor!
WHAT OTHER INGREDIENTS CAN I ADD TO PASTA SALAD?
Some other ingredient suggestions would be diced cucumbers or sliced black olives! Marinated mozzarella is also a delicious option. Pasta just seems to call to that basic part of us that wants to be nourished. This recipe does not disappoint. It is creamy without being heavy and the touch of basil brightens all the flavors and makes it so darn good! It is certainly my go-to pasta salad for all occasions. You can even make a HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING for this pasta salad!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- rotini pasta
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- fresh mozzarella
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- basil pesto
- creamy caesar dressing
- house seasoning
HOW TO MAKE CAESAR BASIL PASTA SALAD:
Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Pour pasta into a medium-large bowl. Mix together Caesar dressing with Basil Pesto. Pour over pasta and the rest of the ingredients.
Stir well. Cover and place into refrigerator until ready to eat.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Caesar Basil Pasta Salad (+Video)
- 16 ounce box Rotini Pasta, cooked
- 1 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- ¼ cup basil pesto, fresh or jarred
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 2 teaspoons house seasoning (equal parts salt, pepper and garlic powder)
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Pour pasta into a medium-large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together Caesar dressing with basil pesto.
- Pour over warm pasta and coat throughly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
- Cover and place into refrigerator until ready to eat.
Originally published: June 2011
Updated & republished: May 2019
Recipe Adapted from: Mel's Kitchen Cafe