Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp granulated white sugar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- tsp salt and pepper to taste about ¼ to ½ tsp. each
- In a food processor, finely process the garlic until minced.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Put dressing into a lidded container and pop it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to give the flavors time to blend together (trust me–this makes a big difference in taste).
If you are squeamish about using a raw egg yolk in your dressing, I would suggest purchasing pasteurized eggs. However, if you are using very fresh eggs, you should have no problems with your egg yolks. Just crack it into a separate bowl first, to ensure the color and texture look normal for an egg.
- ½ loaf of stale French bread cubed
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F).
- In a medium bowl, add cubed bread.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the cubes until lightly coated.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.
- Place cubes on baking sheet and bake for about 10-14 minutes until lightly browned.