Corkscrew pasta with a creamy dressing and full of crunchy bacon, lettuce and tomato. The perfect BLT Macaroni Salad recipe!
BEST EVER BLT MACARONI SALAD
TRIED AND TRUE RECIPES
PASTA SALAD THAT HAS ALL THE FLAVORS (AND MORE!) OF A BLT
elbow macaroni noodles
apple cider vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
CAN I USE ANY TYPE OF PASTA OR TOMATOES?
I am using Cavatappi pasta here. It’s a corkscrew-shaped pasta. You can use any type that you enjoy for this recipe. Also, I got some baby San Marzano tomatoes on sale so I am using those here. I just sliced them into quarters. And a great tip if you need to thin out a mayonnaise-based dressing is to add a touch of milk or chicken stock to the dressing.
HOW TO MAKE BLT MACARONI SALAD:
Cook the elbow macaroni in salted water per the package instructions. Drain well. While pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing.
UPDATED TO ADD: The original post had a cookbook giveaway. That giveaway has now ended.
BLT MACARONI SALAD
- 1 (16 oz) box elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups diced Romaine lettuce, loosely packed
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook the elbow macaroni in salted water per the package instructions.
- Drain well.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, celery salt, onion powder, smoked paprika, dill and pepper, to taste.
- Chop up the tomatoes, green onions, lettuce and bacon.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the bowl.
- Stir in green onions and tomatoes.
- Mix until evenly distributed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and pop it into the fridge to chill.
- Just before serving, add the lettuce and bacon.
- Mix well and serve.
- Store chilled.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
HAM & CHEESE MACARONI SALAD
MOM’S MACARONI SALAD
THE BEST SOUTHERN COLESLAW
CAESAR BASIL PASTA SALAD
SUMMER SPAGHETTI SALAD
DELICIOUS ITALIAN CHOPPED SALAD
ROASTED CHICKEN SALAD
DORITO TACO SALAD