Trying to be a gardener
BLT’s are my favorite
Country Tomato and Bacon PiePrint Pin Rate
- 2-3 tomatoes sliced
- 1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie crust baked to package directions
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup basil chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese mozzarella or cheddar
- If using a frozen pie crust, you'll need to let it defrost on the counter for about 10 minutes, then prick the crust with a fork (this keeps the crust from getting too puffy while baking).
- Then bake it using the instructions on the back of your package (usually 400F degrees for about 10-12 minutes).
- If using my Wham Bam Pie Crust, you'll prepare as directed, prick the crust with a fork, and then prebake at 400F degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool slightly.
- Turn oven down to 350F degrees.
- Start layering tomato slices on the bottom of the pie.
- Season with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Then top with green onions, basil and crumbled bacon.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup mayonnaise with 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of your pie.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 30-35 minutes (until golden brown).
- If the the edges of your pie crust are becoming too brown while baking, you may want to put some aluminum foil around the edges of the pie, just covering the crust for the duration of baking.