Low Carb BLT Bites
- 16 cherry (cocktail) tomatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup minced green onions white and green parts
- 3 tbsp minced romaine lettuce
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom end (not the stem end) of each tomato, and scoop out and discard the pulp.
- Drain the tomatoes, cut side down, on paper towels for 10 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir gently to mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into the tomatoes.
Refrigerate, covered, for about an hour, but not overnight.
Cook's Notes: Be sure to get the larger size cherry tomatoes or you'll have a very difficult time stuffing these. They are sometimes called cocktail tomatoes. Also, I think regular ole iceberg lettuce would work fine in this recipe. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour, but not overnight. Also, these are not an appetizer that can be made the evening before.