This Parmesan Bruschetta has freshly diced tomatoes mixed with garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil and served on toasted baguette slices then sprinkled with shredded Parmesan cheese.
AN EASY AND FRESH APPETIZER
With fresh flavors and minimal ingredients, this Parmesan Bruschetta is a quick, delicious and easy appetizer. I can't resist toasted bread with fresh tomatoes on top. Add some garlic, basil and cheese and it really sends it over the top. I love making this even just to have for a light lunch or snack! Usually I have all the ingredients on hand. If I don't, they are super easy to find at the grocery store. Nothing complicated here! If you are looking for easy and fresh, then you need this Parmesan Bruschetta recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
It means "to toast".
We like to use roma tomatoes for ours. You can essentially use any tomato but this is the kind we like and it offers great flavor and color.
You can usually find fresh basil leaves in the produce section at your local grocer. They are usually in a plastic container.
Yes, you can make the topping up to 2 days ahead of time before serving.
Traditionally yes, this is served with on top of toasted baguettes. If you are not a fan of them you can also use this as a dip with pita bread, pita chips or tortilla chips.
The Bruschetta mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- olive oil
- french baguette
- roma tomatoes
- basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE PARMESAN BRUSCHETTA:
Preheat the oven to 450º Fahrenheit. Place baguette slices on a baking pan and brush the tops of slices with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Toast baguette slices for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, diced tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Spoon tomato mixture onto baguette slices, sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and extra basil and serve immediately.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 french baguette sliced
- 8 roma tomatoes diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Extra fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450º Fahrenheit. Place baguette slices on a baking pan and brush the tops of slices with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Toast baguette slices for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, diced tomatoes, garlic, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto baguette slices, sprinkle with shredded Parmesan and extra basil and serve immediately. Optional: drizzle slices with a little more balsamic vinegar.
- You can make the tomato mixture up to two days in advance.
- If you don't to serve on toasted baguettes you can use it as a dip with pita bread, pita chips or tortilla chips.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Leave a Reply