Crock Pot Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip is full of corn, bacon, jalapeños in a creamy filling. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips!
A WARM AND CREAMY CORN DIP RECIPE
This Crock Pot Jalapeno Popper Corn Dip is a take on the traditional Frito Corn Dip but with the added flavors of yummy jalapeño poppers! AND BONUS: it’s made in a slow cooker! You can make it ahead of time and then take it with you if you’re serving it elsewhere. Then all you have to do is plug it in and keep it on the warm setting.
TIPS FOR MAKING CORN DIP:
- I think the fire-roasted canned corn works best with this recipe. It really adds an additional layer of flavor. You could always use canned Mexi-corn as well or just regular canned sweet corn.
- Fresh jalapeños are my favorite but you could used pickled jalapeños if that’s all you have.
- See my tip below for keeping down the heat (spicy) level when using jalapeños.
- I definitely recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting up jalapeños. Or just be sure to wash your hands very well immediately after dicing them up.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- fire-roasted corn
- fresh jalapeños
- sour cream
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- salt and pepper
- cream cheese
- green onions
HOW TO MAKE JALAPEÑO POPPER CORN DIP:
Drain cans of fire-roasted corn.
Cut the tops and bottoms off of the jalapeños. Slice them lengthwise. Then remove all the seeds and discard. If you want this dish to be spicy, you can add some of the seeds to the dish since they are the spicy part of the jalapeño.
Finely dice the jalapeños.
Place drained corn into a 2.5 quart slow cooker.
Top with diced jalapeños.
Then top with shredded cheese. Season well with salt and pepper.
Top with sour cream. Stir the mixture well.
Top mixture with cubed cream cheese (don’t stir.)
Cover and cook on low (until everything is warm and cream cheese has melted.) Uncover and stir until everything is combined well. Sprinkle top with bacon and sliced green onions.
You can keep the slow cooker on the warm setting so that it stays warm as everyone helps themselves!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Originally published: May 2016
Updated and republished: May 2020
Crock Pot Jalapeño Popper Corn Dip
- Place drained corn, diced jalapenos, sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese blend into a 2.5 quart crock pot (or larger); season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir until well combined. Top with cubed cream cheese.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours.
- Uncover and stir until everything is combined well.
- Sprinkle top with bacon and sliced green onions. Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
- You can keep the slow cooker on the warm setting so that it stays warm as everyone helps themselves!
- Serve with your favorite chips. Fritos Corn Chips, Tortilla Chips or Ruffles Chips are our favorites. Or you could even serve with crackers.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.