This Jalapeño Popper Dip appetizer is a warm, creamy recipe with a crunchy topping that will be the surprise hit at any party or gathering.
THE BEST JALAPEÑO POPPER DIP
This easy Jalapeño Popper Dip is one of our favorites. It's the perfect dip to make during the winter months because it's a warm and creamy dip. Every time I make this dip, I always come home with an empty dish. It is that good!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PARTY-FAVORITE APPETIZER
- Don't worry, this dip is not blazing hot. It just has a slight kick. If you want it hotter, you could certainly add in more jalapeños.
- Whenever a recipe calls for softened cream cheese, I leave it out on my counter overnight to make the next day. Or if I've forgotten to leave it out, I cut up the unwrapped cream cheese into small cubes, place on a plate, and leave it out on the counter for about 10 minutes until softened or use the softening option on your microwave oven.
- Cooked, chopped bacon can be added for even more flavor.
- If you don't have Panko bread crumbs, just used crushed Ritz crackers.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
Panko bread crumbs
HOW TO MAKE JALAPEÑO POPPER DIP:
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY:
JALAPENO POPPER DIP
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese Blend shredded
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped jalapeños (or ½ cup chopped fresh jalapeños)
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup salted butter (½ stick), melted
- salt, pepper, dried parsley (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer (or a food processor), mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican blend cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, green chiles and jalapeños. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the dip filling into your casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix together Panko bread crumbs, ½ cup Parmesan cheese and melted butter (and a bit of dried parsley, optional).
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over dip filling.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (on the middle rack). Do not overcook.
- Topping should be golden brown and the dip should be gently bubbling around the edges.
Updated & republished: December 2019