JALAPEÑO POPPER BITES
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS APPETIZER:
- I don't brush anything on the tops of these but if you'd like a more glossy topping, just brush with an egg wash. You could even sprinkle the tops with a bit of parsley flakes for some color.
- Trying to save some time? Go ahead and purchase those real bacon pieces instead of cooking the bacon.
- Add some spice to the filling. Try sprinkling with cajun seasoning or seasoned salt or even add a touch of salsa!
- Want an amazing RANCH DRESSING RECIPE? Give mine a try - so good!
- You could use thawed puff pastry instead of the crescent roll dough.
- Try making these in the air fryer. Preheat air fryer to 375 for about 3 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place popper bites in the basket in a single layer. Air fry for about 4 minutes (or until golden brown.)
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
ranch dressing (for serving, optional)
HOW TO MAKE EASY JALAPEÑO POPPER BITES:
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
EASY JALAPEÑO POPPER BITES
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- ½ pound bacon (or use the precooked packaged bacon)
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ranch dressing (optional), for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon, If you'd like, cut the bacon up in pieces (I used kitchen scissors) and then cook it.
- Cut up jalapenos. Be sure to remove seeds. (If you are sensitive to jalapenos, you may want to wear gloves while doing this).
- Now begin separating your crescent rolls into triangle shapes.
- On each triangle, put a shmear of cream cheese. I like a lot of cream cheese so I put about ½ tablespoon or so on each one.
- Then put a piece of jalapeno, followed by some cooked bacon.
- Roll them up into bundles. Just do your best to close all the seams so the cream cheese doesn't run out while baking.
- Now place all your bundles on your baking sheet (seam side down). I usually only cook one set at a time.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Take them out and serve warm.
Originally published: November 2011
Updated & republished: December 2019