This Retro Shrimp Dip is always a hit at parties. Canned shrimp, cream cheese, chili sauce, mayo, seasoning and green onions. Delicious!
THE BEST SHRIMP DIP
I mentioned in a recipe post (for SALMON PATTIES) a few weeks ago that I was working on sharing some of my Mom-in-law's most popular recipes. These were the recipes everyone wanted her to bring to ALL their get togethers. She was famous for them! But because she is no longer with us, and I was unable to get these recipes from her, I'm having to fiddle with the flavors to get the recipes right!
CAN I USE FRESH SHRIMP IN SHRIMP DIP?
I think what I love most about these classic recipes is that they are super affordable. My mother-in-law, Chris, only ever used the canned shrimp and salmon. The canned shrimp are tiny shrimp that require no de-veining, removing of tails or additional cooking. You just chop them up! Plus, this is way more affordable and tastes great! And if you need a last-minute dip, you can make this fast without planning ahead.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
dried minced onion
can tiny shrimp
sliced green onions
HOW TO MAKE RETRO SHRIMP DIP:
In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
Add the lemon juice, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and dried onion. Beat until smooth.Chop up the shrimp into chunks. Stir chopped shrimp into the cream cheese mixture.Garnish with sliced green onions. Keep chilled. Serve with Ruffles potato chips (or your favorite cracker.)
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
THE BEST CRAB DIP
3-INGREDIENT CHICKEN SALSA DIP
CROCK POT WHITE QUESO DIP
CHEESY PIZZA SKILLET DIP
SMOKED SALMON PUFF PASTRY BITES
JALAPENO POPPER CORN DIP
WARM BACON CHEDDAR DIP
CREAMY SHRIMP ENCHILADAS
THE BEST SHRIMP DIP
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened to room temp.
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. chili sauce
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 (4 oz) can tiny shrimp
- sliced green onions, for topping (optional)
- In a medium bowl beat together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add the lemon juice, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and dried onion. Beat until smooth.
- Chop up the shrimp into chunks.
- Stir chopped shrimp into the cream cheese mixture.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Keep chilled. Serve with Ruffles potato chips (or your favorite cracker).