This easy recipe for Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp tastes so fancy but whips up in minutes! Delicious flavors with a touch of barbecue.
AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
One request I seem to have gotten over and over recently is for more air fryer recipes and more shrimp recipes. So, I thought I would combine the two! These shrimp work perfect as an appetizer or as a main dish, like in this ONE PAN SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI RECIPE. They really are so simple to make and turn out perfectly crisp in the air fryer!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS AIR FRYER APPETIZER/MEAL:
- For extra sweetness, I used Sweet Baby Rays honey BBQ sauce.
- This recipe can also be done with medium shrimp. Cut the bacon slices into thirds instead of half.
- You can also leave out chili powder if you don’t want it spicy. Or for an even bigger kick, add in cayenne pepper, but start with 1 teaspoon instead of a tablespoon.
- Eight minutes was the exact right amount of crispness , but you can add 1 or 2 minutes if you like it even crispier.
- Serve as an appetizer, a side dish, or even as a meal.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BACON GARLIC SHRIMP:
In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and bbq sauce, stir to mix sauce until it's well combined. Add shrimp and using a spoon, stir sauce around shrimp, until it has coated shrimp.
Wrap each shrimp with ½ slice of bacon and then skewer with a toothpick or metal skewer. Once each piece of shrimp is skewered, pour sauce over then one last time to ensure all pieces are covered with sauce.
Preheat air fryer to 370F degrees for 4 minutes. Add wrapped shrimp to the basket. Optional: pour the remaining sauce over the shrimp. Select the shrimp option on your air fryer (if you have that option on yours.) Cook at 360F degrees for 8 minutes.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
THE BEST RETRO SHRIMP DIP
EASY CREAMY SHRIMP ENCHILADAS
THE BEST SALMON PATTIES
AIR FRYER BANG BANG SHRIMP
THE BEST AIR FRYER PORK CHOPS
AIR FRYER POTATOES & SAUSAGE MEAL
AIR FRYER LOADED CHICKEN & POTATOES
AIR FRYER SALMON WITH LEMON GARLIC DILL BUTTER
AIR FRYER CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
BACON WRAPPED MEATBALLS
EASY BACON RANCH CRACKERS
BACON WRAPPED BABY POTATOES
AIR FRYER BACON-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
- 1 lb Jumbo size cooked shrimp
- 10 slices bacon (cut in half)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and bbq sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Add shrimp and using a spoon, stir sauce around shrimp, until it has fully coated shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp with ½ slice of bacon and then skewer with a toothpick or metal skewer.
- Once each piece of shrimp is skewered, pour sauce over then one last time to ensure all pieces are covered with sauce.
- Preheat airfryer to 370F degrees for 4 minutes.
- Add wrapped shrimp to the air fryer basket. Optional: pour the remaining sauce over the shrimp.
- Select shrimp on air fryer (if you have that option.) Adjust temperature to 360f degrees and cook for 8 minutes.