This easy recipe for Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp tastes so fancy but whips up in minutes! Delicious flavors with a touch of barbecue.
A DELICIOUS APPETIZER OR DINNER
One request I seem to have gotten over and over recently is for more air fryer recipes and more shrimp recipes. So, I thought I would combine the two! These shrimp work perfect as an appetizer or as a main dish, like in this One Pan Shrimp and Broccoli Rice. They really are so simple to make and turn out perfectly crisp in the air fryer!
TIPS FOR MAKING AIR FRYER SHRIMP
- For extra sweetness, I used Sweet Baby Rays honey BBQ sauce.
- This recipe can also be done with medium shrimp. Cut the bacon slices into thirds instead of half.
- You can also leave out chili powder if you don’t want it spicy. Or for an even bigger kick, add in cayenne pepper, but start with 1 teaspoon instead of a tablespoon.
- Eight minutes was the exact right amount of crispness , but you can add 1 or 2 minutes if you like it even crispier.
- Serve as an appetizer, a side dish, or even as a meal.
- If you are looking for another easy and delicious recipe for your air fryer, be sure to check out my recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Breasts!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- garlic salt
- chili powder
- soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ sauce
- cooked jumbo shrimp
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BACON GARLIC SHRIMP:
In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and bbq sauce, stir to mix sauce until it’s well combined. Add shrimp and using a spoon, stir sauce around shrimp, until it has coated shrimp.
Wrap each shrimp with 1/2 slice of bacon and then skewer with a toothpick or metal skewer. Once each piece of shrimp is skewered, pour sauce over then one last time to ensure all pieces are covered with sauce.
Preheat air fryer to 370F degrees for 4 minutes. Add wrapped shrimp to the basket. Optional: pour the remaining sauce over the shrimp.
Select the shrimp option on your air fryer (if you have that option on yours.) Cook at 360F degrees for 8 minutes. Serve with some homemade hush puppies.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic salt, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and bbq sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Add shrimp and using a spoon, stir sauce around shrimp, until it has fully coated shrimp.
- Wrap each shrimp with 1/2 slice of bacon and then skewer with a toothpick or metal skewer.
- Once each piece of shrimp is skewered, pour sauce over then one last time to ensure all pieces are covered with sauce.
- Preheat airfryer to 370F degrees for 4 minutes.
- Add wrapped shrimp to the air fryer basket. Optional: pour the remaining sauce over the shrimp.
- Select shrimp on air fryer (if you have that option.) Adjust temperature to 360f degrees and cook for 8 minutes.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.