With only 8 ingredients, you can have this absolutely delicious Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken on the dinner table in under an hour!
A TASTY BACON AND CHICKEN RECIPE
I don’t know about you but I am always looking for and trying to come up with recipes for chicken. This Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken has fast become one of my family’s favorite recipes! It is has been on our menu rotation at least three times a month since I started making it. You get a little sweet and a little salty in every bite. If you are looking to switch up your chicken routine, then you have to make this Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe today!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
I do not recommend using thick cut bacon for this recipe. It takes longer to bake and we do not want to over-bake the chicken while waiting for the bacon to crisp up. The regular cut is perfect for this and turns our golden and crispy every time.
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken thighs. You will want to use about 12 pieces for this recipe, along with one slice of bacon each, and the cooking time will vary, start checking doneness after 15 minutes.
Yes! These are perfect to make in the air fryer. You will want to air fryer these at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, checking internal temperature halfway. These will be done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Some air fryers seem to cook faster than others so check after 18-20 minutes.
Yes, if you would rather just use a spice mix instead of the spices that I use, some suggestions are: Old Bay, creole seasoning, blackening seasoning, bbq seasoning (one of my favorites) or even lemon pepper to change things up.
If you don’t like any kick of spice, just substitute with a little paprika or smoked paprika.
If your bacon isn’t as crispy as you’d like it to be, you can place it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp it up!
We do this because we do not want the chicken to touch. This helps it to cook evenly and helps to get the crisp.
These can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where they will keep for up to 3 days. These can also be frozen, place in a freezer container and they will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove to the refrigerator overnight. To reheat, I suggest placing back in the oven until heated through otherwise the bacon can get soggy.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- light brown sugar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and peper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- bacon (not thick cut)
HOW TO MAKE BROWN SUGAR BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray 2 9×13 inch baking dishes with cooking spray, set aside. In a large shallow bowl stir together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Place each chicken breast one at a time into the brown sugar mixture to coat the outside, and press it in lightly so it sticks.
Place three of them into one baking dish and three into another.
Wrap each breast with two slices of bacon, tucking the ends under. Place it back into the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken and bacon. Make sure the chicken breasts aren’t touching each other in the baking dishes.
Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture on top of each piece.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the bacon is browned and an internal temperature reaches 165°F. If the chicken is done but the bacon isn’t browned to your liking, you can turn on the broiler and broil on high until you reach your desired browning on top. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
Garnish with some dried or fresh parsley (optional) then serve!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray (2) 9×13 inch baking dishes with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl stir together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne (if using).
- Place each chicken breast (one at a time) into the brown sugar mixture to coat the outside, and press it in lightly so it sticks. Continue with the rest.
- Place three pieces of chicken on one baking dish and three onto the other.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon, tucking the ends under. Place it back onto the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken and bacon.
- Make sure the chicken breasts aren’t touching each other in the baking dishes.
- Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar mixture on top of each piece.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the bacon is browned and an internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- If the chicken is done but the bacon isn’t browned to your liking, you can turn on the broiler and broil on high until you reach your desired browning on top. Watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn.
- Garnish with some dried or fresh parsley (if preferred).
- Chicken thighs can be used.
- Seasoning mixes can be substituted for the seasonings in the recipe, see my suggestions above.
- Make sure you use 2 pans to bake this so you are not crowding the pans.
- These can be frozen, see above on how to do that.
- These can be air fryer, see above on how to do that.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.