This Low Carb Parmesan Chicken with Creamy Bacon Sauce is a super simple dinner that makes the chicken crispy without the breading or the carbs!
LOW CARB PARMESAN CHICKEN
Alright my low-carbers, I got another one for you! This recipe for Low Carb Parmesan Chicken with Creamy Bacon Sauce is crazy good! You don't need to be on a low-carb diet to really love and enjoy this one. It has so much flavor and is ridiculously delicious.
CREAMY BACON SAUCE
So, here's the low down on this recipe at KETO IN PEARLS. Instead of adding a crust of crackers or bread crumbs, we're going to use Parmesan cheese to get that nice crispy crunch on the outside. Plus it adds a ton of flavor. Parmesan cheese is a really great substitute since it crisps up so nicely in the oven. Freshly shredded Parmesan really works best for this. The mayonnaise keeps the chicken so moist too. And is anything better than bacon? I mean, really. Combining pork fat and cheese with chicken = The Trifecta of Tastiness. Craving dessert? Try my LOW CARB CHEESECAKE!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
for the chicken:
shredded Parmesan cheese
heavy whipping cream
shredded Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB PARMESAN CHICKEN:
Preheat oven to 400f degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick cooking foil (or spray with nonstick cooking spray.) Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel (this will help the topping adhere to the chicken breasts.) Place chicken breasts onto the baking sheet. Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on top of each breast. Spread it around to evenly coat. Then sprinkle about a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese onto each piece of chicken.Bake chicken for about 40 minutes. When the chicken has about 10 minutes left to finish cooking, start working on the sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat up the reserved bacon fat over med-low heat. Whisk in the heavy cream until combined well.
To serve, drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken. Top with bacon crumbles and a little dried parsley for color (optional.)
LOW CARB PARMESAN CHICKEN WITH CREAMY BACON SAUCE
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
For the sauce:
- ½ lb bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve the fat)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel (this will help the topping adhere to the chicken breasts.)
- Place chicken breasts onto the baking sheet. Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on top of each breast. Spread it around evenly to coat.
- Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese onto each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 400f degrees for about 40 minutes.
- When the chicken has about 10 minutes left in cook time, start working on the sauce.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the reserved bacon fat over med-low heat. Whisk in the heavy cream.
- Continue whisking until the mixture starts to bubble a little. Whisk in the sour cream. Finally, add shredded parmesan and garlic powder and whisk some more. Lots of whisking here (but I promise it's worth it!)
- Stir in half the cooked bacon.
- To serve, drizzle some of the sauce over each chicken breast and top with additional crumbled bacon and a sprinkling of dried parsley (for color.)