Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken (+Video)
Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken is a delicious meal made with chicken breasts that are seasoned, cooked and then topped with garlic Parmesan sauce!
AN EASY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN RECIPE
For this Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken, I am going to cook the chicken while giving it added flavor as it cooks by using chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Then we top it off with a garlicky, buttery Parmesan topping. It really makes this dish absolutely amazing. It’s so good served with egg noodles. The noodles soak up all that flavor from the garlic butter and cheese. A new family favorite!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Yes. Frozen chicken breasts are usually smaller than their fresh counter parts so you probably won’t be able to fit as many in there. Also, you will have to adjust cooking time accordingly. Chicken is done when an internal temperature reaches 165F degrees.
If you aren’t a fan of Parmesan cheese, you could certainly use shredded mozzarella cheese which is a bit more mild in flavor.
We eat this served over rice or egg noodles. Also, I usually serve this with some type of vegetable like green beans or broccoli and then some bread and butter or biscuits.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- frozen chicken breasts
- chicken broth
- Italian seasoning
- salted butter
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- minced garlic
- salt and pepper
In a 4 quart (or larger) crock pot, place frozen chicken breasts into the bottom. Pour one cup of chicken broth over top.
Season with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper.
Cover and cook on high for 3 hours (or low for at least 6 hours.)
Drain excess broth and fat from cooked chicken. In a bowl, combine softened butter, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Scoop this mixture on top of cooked chicken.
Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes until sauce is creamy and cheese is melted.
Serve over egg noodles or rice.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken (+Video)
- 3 pounds frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided use
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a 4 quart (or larger) crock pot, place frozen chicken breasts into the bottom. Pour one cup of chicken broth over top.
- Season with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours (or low for at least 6 hours).
- Drain excess broth and fat from cooked chicken. In a bowl, combine softened butter, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Scoop this mixture on top of each piece of cooked chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes until sauce is creamy and cheese is melted.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice or by itself.
- Fresh chicken breasts can be used. You may not be able to cook as many since they are larger than frozen chicken breasts. Adjust cook time accordingly. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Mozzarella cheese can be substituted for the Parmesan cheese.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: November 2017
Updated and republished: August 2022
This is always a hit in my household! I literally just got an instant pot today and was wondering if this recipe would work well with the instant pot. If so, could you give me any pointers?
If my crockpot has 4 and 6 hours on high and 8 and 10 hour on low..what would you suggest?
Hmmm…will you be home while it’s cooking? I would do the 8 hours on low and then just stop the cooking at the 6 hour mark. ????
This dish was absolutely amazing!!! I can’t wait to make it again!
My crockpot cooked chicken in only 5 hours and the chicken started to dry, so when I added the cheese, I put on low instead of high and chicken moistened and the taste was scrumptious!! Mmm!!
How do we adjust for regular fresh non frozen chicken breasts? This looks amazing!
Hi this looks delicious and I really want to try it, but I absolutely positively hate mayo, mayonnaise, mayo-anything in any form! Is there a good substitute that you could recommend? Thank you and I love your site I have made many of your recipes and my family loves them!
Thanks so much Stephanie!! What do you normally substitute for mayo in other recipes?
I’m the same way with the mayo. How about 1/2 mayo and 1/2 sour cream. Could that work?
If you try it that way will you please let us know how it turns out and if you can taste the mayo at all? Thank you!
I made this recipe tonite for dinner guests and it was a big hit! I was leary about the use of mayo but honestly you would never know it was there . One thing I would do differently would be to double the sauce. Or make a second batch on the stovetop. Everyone wanted it for the noodles. So good!!
Whole Foods carries a mayo substitute by Wildwood that is a creamed garlic with oil. I use it as mayo, even on chicken. It is eggless.
This looks incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
I am making this right now, and it smells amazing! Can’t wait to try it!
Hope you love it!!
If I use bone in unfrozen chicken breast how long do I cook it.?