The slow cooker is your friend
Picking a Crock Pot
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
Yo, where’s the parm?
Serve over cooked spaghetti with a crisp, green salad and some garlic bread.
Crock Pot Chicken ParmesanPrint Pin Rate
- 1 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or more if you like
- 1 package of spaghetti noodles for serving
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray (or use a slow cooker liner).
- Pour in jar of spaghetti sauce.
- Get out two shallow bowls.
- In one bowl, whisk together egg and milk (add in any salt & pepper to taste).
- In a second bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs with garlic powder, oregano and basil.
- In a large skillet, begin heating up the vegetable oil (over medium-high heat).
- You want to get your skillet hot before adding chicken to it.
- Dip each chicken breast into the milk mixture.
- Then roll it around in the seasoned bread crumbs.
- Do each breast one at a time.
- Then add chicken to hot skillet.
- Continue with the rest of the chicken. You aren't cooking them.
- All you want is to create a nice golden brown crust on both sides of the chicken breasts. If necessary, add a bit more oil to the pan.
- After browning both sides, add chicken to the crock pot on top of the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- About 10-15 minutes before serving, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover again and allow cheese to melt.
cooking your spaghetti noodles, if using. Serve over cooked spaghetti with a crisp, green salad and some garlic bread.