This recipe for Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles is pure comfort food. Egg noodles and seasoned chicken breast in a delicious, creamy broth!
A SIMPLE SLOW COOKER MEAL
This Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles is a simple, humble recipe that is pure comfort in a bowl. The leftovers heat up well and it is best served with some crusty bread to dip into the broth or maybe with a side salad.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY SLOW COOKER MEAL:
I will usually serve this with a side salad or some steamed vegetables. Or sometimes we just eat it with some Butter Biscuits.
Yes, you certainly can.
I usually get a wide egg noodle but you can use pretty much egg noodle you enjoy. No yolk egg noodles work fine here too. Most egg noodles come in a 12 ounce bag - you’ll just need about ¾ of the bag for this recipe. Just be careful if you purchase the flat, Amish-style dry egg noodles. They soak up more liquid than a traditional egg noodles so you'll need more chicken broth.
You can really use any cream soup you think might work with the flavors in this. Cream of mushroom or even cream of onion would work with this.
Leftovers can be stored in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the noodles continue to soak up the liquid so the mixture will be thicker than when you first made it. You can always thin it out with a bit more chicken broth if you prefer. I don't recommend freezing leftovers.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cream of chicken soup (with herbs)
- salt and pepper
- poultry seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salted butter
- chicken broth
- medium egg noodles
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND NOODLES:
Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot, then top with the cream of chicken soup.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder on top.
Add butter slices to the top, then pour in the chicken broth.
Cook over low heat for 5-6 hours, or high heat for 3-4 hours. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred into chunks with two forks (do not remove any liquid from the pot.) Add the shredded chicken back to the pot along with the dry egg noodles and stir.
Cover and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, until noodles are tender. If necessary, add additional chicken broth to thin out the mixture.
Serve and top with dried parsley (optional).
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles (+Video)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (with herbs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup (½ stick) salted butter, sliced into chunks
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 ounce medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1-2 teaspoons dried parsley, for serving
- Cook over low heat for 5-6 hours, or high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred into chunks with two forks (do not remove any liquid from the pot.)
- Cover and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, until noodles are tender. If necessary, add additional chicken broth or a splash of milk to thin out the mixture.
- Serve and top with dried parsley (optional).
- Most egg noodles come in a 12 ounce bag - you’ll need about ¾ of the bag for this recipe.
- Chicken thighs can be substituted for chicken breast.
- If your chicken breasts are large, just use 3 in this recipe.
- The no-yolk noodles can be used in place of the egg noodles
- Feel free to switch up the cream soup in this. One can could be cream of chicken and the other could be cream of celery to change the flavor profile.