This Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is made with chicken breasts, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasonings and chicken broth. Delicious!
A DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER CHICKEN RECIPE
I don’t know about you but I’m always on the lookout for new chicken recipes. And I’m always trying to think of a new way to make it that doesn’t involve the same ole ingredients. We love our old favorites but you gotta switch things up from time to time. Have you seen my recipe for Perfect Roast Chicken? It’s kinda the same concept. The chicken takes on such great flavor from the lemon and garlic.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER MEAL:
- I know lots of people are on the look out for healthier but super yummy ways to make chicken. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can sometimes be difficult to cook because they can tend to dry out really easily if you aren’t careful. Cooking chicken in your slow cooker is a way to add a ton of flavor but also make your chicken super tender.
- In addition, adding lemon to chicken, like in this Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe, tenderizes the meat while adding flavor.
- If you want to reduce the carbs even further, try substituting the all-purpose flour with almond flour or just skip the flour altogether.
WHAT SIDE DISH CAN I SERVE WITH LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN?
This is delicious served with some rice or BRUSSEL SPROUTS, RANCH ROASTED POTATOES or perhaps some ITALIAN GREEN BEANS. I think this chicken would also be amazing chopped up and put in a crisp, green salad. I hope you’ll give this one a try. It is definitely a keeper!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or chicken tenders)
- all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil (or butter)
- salt & pepper
- Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- minced fresh garlic
- fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- chicken broth
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN:
Cut chicken breasts into thirds. Note: You can certainly leave your chicken breasts whole for this. Just adjust cooking time accordingly. Coat chicken breast pieces lightly in flour, shaking off excess, and place on a plate.
Heat 2-3 Tablespoons oil in a large skillet over high heat. You want to get that pan nice and hot! Add in half the chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side). Season chicken with a bit of salt and pepper while it’s in the pan.
Take those pieces out, add a bit more oil if necessary then brown last batch of chicken. You aren’t cooking the chicken all the way through. We just want to give it a nice color, which will also add to the overall flavor of the chicken. Then put browned chicken into a 4-quart crock pot. Sprinkle chicken with dry Italian dressing mix. Add in minced garlic. Then pour in lemon juice and chicken broth.
Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. The chicken will be very tender so take care when pulling it out of the crock pot. Just spoon a bit of the sauce right on top of the chicken before serving.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Coat chicken breast pieces lightly in flour, shaking off excess, and place on a plate.
- Heat 2 -3 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Get the pan nice and hot!
- Add in half the chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Season chicken with a bit of salt and pepper while it’s in the pan.
- Take those pieces out, add in more oil if needed, and brown last batch of chicken.
- Put chicken into the crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with dry Italian dressing mix. Add in minced garlic.
- Then pour in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: April 2013
Updated & Republished: April 2021