Winner, winner chicken dinner
Cut chicken breasts into thirds. Note: You can certainly leave your chicken breasts whole for this. Just adjust cooking time accordingly.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp oil or butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Coat chicken breast pieces lightly in flour, shaking off excess, and place on a plate.
- Heat 2 -3 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in half the chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Season chicken with a bit of salt and pepper while it's in the pan.
- Take those pieces out, add in more oil if needed, and brown last batch of chicken.
- Put chicken into the crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with dry Italian dressing mix.
- Add in minced garlic.
- Then pour in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
Whole chicken breasts can be used, just increase cook time.