This Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is made with chicken breasts, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasonings and chicken broth. It's also low carb and Keto-friendly! Winner, winner chicken dinner!
CROCK POT LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DELICIOUS SLOW COOKER MEAL:
- I know lots of people are on the look out for healthier but super yummy ways to make chicken. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can sometimes be difficult to cook because they can tend to dry out really easily if you aren't careful. Cooking chicken in your slow cooker is a way to add a ton of flavor but also make your chicken super tender.
- In addition, adding lemon to chicken, like in this Crock Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe, tenderizes the meat while adding flavor.
- If you want to reduce the carbs even further, try substituting the all-purpose flour with almond flour or just skip the flour altogether.
WHAT SIDE DISH CAN I SERVE WITH LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or chicken tenders)
vegetable oil (or butter)
salt & pepper
Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
minced fresh garlic
fresh-squeezed lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT LEMON GARLIC CHICKEN:
Cut chicken breasts into thirds. Note: You can certainly leave your chicken breasts whole for this. Just adjust cooking time accordingly. Coat chicken breast pieces lightly in flour, shaking off excess, and place on a plate.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? YOU GOTTA TRY THESE!
LOW CARB PARMESAN CHICKEN WITH BACON CREAM SAUCE
HONEY LIME CHICKEN SKEWERS
THE BEST EVER CHICKEN MARINADE
LOW CARB CHEESEBURGER CASSEROLE
LOW CARB CHEESEBURGER SALAD
CROCK POT GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN
CROCK POT LEMON GARLIC CHICEKN
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thirds (or chicken tenders)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2-3 tbsp oil (or butter)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 packet Good Seasons Italian dressing mix
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Coat chicken breast pieces lightly in flour, shaking off excess, and place on a plate.
- Heat 2 -3 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over high heat. Get the pan nice and hot!
- Add in half the chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Season chicken with a bit of salt and pepper while it's in the pan.
- Take those pieces out, add in more oil if needed, and brown last batch of chicken.
- Put chicken into the crock pot.
- Sprinkle chicken with dry Italian dressing mix.
- Add in minced garlic.
- Then pour in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3 to 3 ½ hours.
Originally published: April 2013
Updated & Republished: May 2019