Ranch Roasted Potatoes are an easy side dish made with baby red potatoes that are marinated in ranch seasonings. Buttery goodness!
RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
Want to get kids to eat more veggies, put some ranch seasoning on it. Ha! Honestly, if it's one thing I have learned as a parent, it's that either ketchup or ranch dressing usually makes everything taste better for kids when they're first learning how to eat veggies. Maybe it's just fun to dip your food!
TIPS FOR MAKING RANCH-FLAVORED ROASTED POTATOES
- This can be made with a HOMEMADE RANCH SEASONING
- White or yellow baby potatoes or even diced russet potatoes will work with this recipe.
- If you like the sound of this recipe, try my RANCH SMASHED POTATOES for a twist!
- Got an air fryer? These cook up beautifully in the air fryer at 400f degrees (not preheated) for about 20-25 minutes
- Try adding garlic, onions, broccoli and cauliflower to this and it'll still turn out amazing!
- Switch out the ranch dressing for Italian dressing for variety!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- small red potatoes
- vegetable oil (or canola or olive oil)
- ranch dressing mix
HOW TO MAKE RANCH ROASTED POTATOES:
Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Cut up the potatoes. My red potatoes here were pretty small so I just cut them in half. If yours are larger, you will want to cut them up in quarters.
Place cut potatoes in a gallon-size zip top bag. Add in oil.
Close the top and squish the potatoes around to coat them all in the oil.
Then toss in the dry Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix.
Squish again to coat all the potatoes with that lovely ranch goodness.
Then spread them out evenly them on an ungreased baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes.
Now, since my potatoes here were small, it only took about 20 minutes in the oven. So just keep an eye on them after about the 15 minute mark so you don't over-cook them. They are ready when they are golden brown and fork tender.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
- ONE PAN POTATO SAUSAGE BAKE
- AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
- TEX MEX RANCH POTATOES
- AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES
- HOMEMADE FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER POTATOES & SAUSAGE MEAL
- LOADED POTATO RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- KOREAN-STYLE STICKY POTATOES
RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes quartered
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 oz) packet Hidden Valley® Original Ranch®
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Place cut potatoes in a gallon-size zip top bag. Add in oil.
- Close the top and squish the potatoes around to coat them all in the oil.
- Then toss in Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix.
- Squish again to coat all the potatoes with ranch mix.
- Then put coated potatoes on an ungreased baking pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- If your potatoes on the small-side, it may take less time. So just keep an eye on them after about the 15 minute mark so you don't over-cook them.
- They are ready when they are golden brown and fork tender.
Originally published: October 2012
Updated & republished: December 2019