These Air Fryer Baby Baked Potatoes are a fun and super easy appetizer or side dish that will go with practically any meal!
A FUN AIR FRYER POTATO RECIPE
I love potatoes and I love my air fryer and when you combine the two you can get amazing results! These Air Fryer Baby Baked Potatoes are fun to dress up (or down) depending on if you want to serve them as an appetizer or a side dish. Both work great and they are super simple coming together in only 30 minutes! You can serve these as-is or dress them up with cheese, sour cream and chives. If you are looking for some fun air fryer inspiration, you need to make this Air Fryer Baby Baked Potato recipe!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can use pretty much any type of baby or new potatoes that you'd like. They have Yukon gold, russet and reds. We used red for this particular recipe.
No. They are delicious as-is straight out of the air fryer. Obviously they are great with all the toppings but if you want to just have a side potato you can leave them plain.
For these we used shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon crumbles and chives.
We like to hollow out a portion of the center of the potato so we can kind of stuff the toppings which help everything just pile on. But honestly you could just put a few potatoes on your plate then add all the toppings on all of them to make it easier.
If you plan on storing these I suggest to store them without the toppings. They will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- baby potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- bacon crumbles
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER BABY BAKED POTATOES:
Preheat the air fryer to 400F degrees. Place the washed and scrubbed baby potatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper over the potatoes and gently mix to coat.
When the air fryer has reached 400F degrees, spray the inside with cooking oil. I think olive oil nonstick spray is best. It doesn't gunk up your air fryer basket like other nonstick sprays. Add the baby potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
When the potatoes are done cooking, let them cool for a few minutes.
To assemble, cut the center of the tops of the potatoes. Add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon crumbles, and chopped chives.
Air Fryer Baby Baked Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby potatoes washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles
- 1 ½ tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F degrees.
- Place the washed and scrubbed baby potatoes in a medium-sized bowl. Pour the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper over the potatoes and gently mix to coat.
- When the air fryer has reached 400F degrees, spray the inside with olive oil nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the baby potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. (I will usually give the basket a little shake at least once during cooking).
- When the potatoes are done cooking, let them cool for a few minutes.
- To assemble, cut the center of the tops of the potatoes. Add the cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon crumbles, and chopped chives. Serve warm.
- You can use your favorite baby potatoes such as Yukon gold, russet or red.
- It's best to use an olive oil nonstick cooking spray. This spray is less likely to gunk up your air fryer basket like other sprays.
- These can be served plain.
- Easily double this recipe to feed more people.
- Top with any of your favorite toppings.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.