These easy and delicious Bacon Cheddar Potatoes are seasoned perfectly and topped with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon.
BAKED BABY POTATOES WITH CHEESE AND BACON!
Mmm Mmm – this recipe, y’all! This recipe with baby potatoes, seasonings, bacon and melted cheese turned out SO GOOD! My entire family absolutely loved it! Let me show you how to make this simple and show stopping side dish!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHEESY BACON POTATOES:
- I love the seasoning in this. It’s my all-purpose seasoning for oven roasting potatoes too. So, I figured it would work great with this recipe and it did not disappoint. However, you can sprinkle some RANCH DRESSING MIX or your own favorite seasoning blend if you prefer.
- If you don’t have time to fry up bacon, you can use bacon pieces or microwaveable bacon as a substitute.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- baby potatoes
- small onion
- seasoned salt
- garlic salt
- three cheese blend
- cooked & crumbled bacon
- sliced green onion
HOW TO MAKE BACON CHEDDAR POTATOES:
Preheat oven to 400f degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl combine potatoes, onion, seasoning salt and garlic salt.
Stir until the potatoes are coated with the seasoning.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Dot the top of potatoes with cubed butter. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender.)
Take it out of the oven (using oven mitts, cause it’s hot, right?) then add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
Put it back in the oven, uncovered, for another 8-10 minutes (until cheese is melted.) Then sprinkle the top with sliced green onions before serving.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Bacon Cheddar Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine potatoes, onion, seasoning salt and garlic salt. Stir until the potatoes are coated with the seasoning.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Dot the top of the potatoes with cubed butter.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender.)
- Take it out of the oven then add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Put it back in the oven, uncovered, for another 8-10 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Then sprinkle the top with sliced green onions before serving.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: October 2015
Updated and republished: August 2022