These easy and delicious Bacon Cheddar Potatoes are seasoned perfectly and topped with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy bacon.
BAKED BABY POTATOES WITH CHEESE AND BACON!
Mmm Mmm - this recipe, y'all! This recipe with baby potatoes, seasonings, bacon and melted cheese turned out SO GOOD! My entire family absolutely loved it! Let me show you how to make this simple and show stopping side dish!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHEESY BACON POTATOES:
- I love the seasoning in this. It's my all-purpose seasoning for oven roasting potatoes too. So, I figured it would work great with this recipe and it did not disappoint. However, you can sprinkle some RANCH DRESSING MIX or your own favorite seasoning blend if you prefer.
- If you don't have time to fry up bacon, you can use bacon pieces or microwaveable bacon as a substitute.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- baby potatoes
- small onion
- seasoned salt
- garlic salt
- three cheese blend
- cooked & crumbled bacon
- sliced green onion
HOW TO MAKE BACON CHEDDAR POTATOES:
Preheat oven to 400f degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl combine potatoes, onion, seasoning salt and garlic salt.
Stir until the potatoes are coated with the seasoning.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
Dot the top of potatoes with cubed butter. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender.)
Take it out of the oven (using oven mitts, cause it's hot, right?) then add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
Put it back in the oven, uncovered, for another 8-10 minutes (until cheese is melted.) Then sprinkle the top with sliced green onions before serving.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Bacon Cheddar Potatoes
- 1.5 pounds baby potatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter, cubed
- 2 cups shredded three cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- sliced green onion, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine potatoes, onion, seasoning salt and garlic salt. Stir until the potatoes are coated with the seasoning.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Dot the top of the potatoes with cubed butter.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes (until potatoes are fork tender.)
- Take it out of the oven then add shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Put it back in the oven, uncovered, for another 8-10 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Then sprinkle the top with sliced green onions before serving.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: October 2015
Updated and republished: August 2022
Made this many times! A favorite! Thank u!!
I made this yesterday for V-Day . My bf loved it!
Love this dish very tasty and do not take long time to make. Awesome
Will this recipe work fine with regular potatoes?? We do seasonal work on a potato farm here in Colorado and we get so many free potatoes every time we work so I've been scouring the internets for potato recipes and I know my husband would just LOVE this! Thank you for sharing!
Brandie (The Country Cook)
Nicole, you sure can. You would just need to cut the potatoes smaller if they are not the creamer variety. Free potatoes, I'm jealous!
My favorite way to eat taters are baked on the bbq with butter, sour cream, bacon pieces and chives.
I love scalloped potatoes best
There s no such thing as a bad potato...We love them mashed baked, scalloped, baked in packets...You name it, we'll eat it!
I love love love potato soup, which I made today.
I love garlic smashed potatoes!!
We love potatoes inany form!
Left Turn Lucy
This redioe looks so yummy-can't wait to try!