Seasoned, perfectly cooked baby potatoes wrapped in thick crispy bacon and served with a homemade sour cream and onion dip!
BACON WRAPPED POTATOES
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS APPETIZER:
- You want to cut the bacon to fit the potatoes. Some potatoes are bigger than others so just make sure you are cutting the bacon to be able to wrap around the potatoes but not overlap.
- This is delicious with this simple sour cream and onion dip but also works so well with my CROCK POT FRENCH ONION DIP!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
thick cut bacon
garlic and herb seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash seasoning)
kosher salt & fresh black pepper, to taste
sliced green onions
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED POTATOES:
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
BACON WRAPPED POTATOES
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- ½ lb thick-sliced bacon sliced into thirds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic and herb seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash seasoning)
- kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- dried parsley flakes (optional)
- Get a pot of water boiling on the stove. Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet.
- Once water begins boiling, liberally salt the water.
- Then add the baby potatoes to the boiling water. Parboil for 3-4 minutes. We don't want to cook them all the way - just soften them up a bit.
- Slice the bacon into thirds while you're waiting for the potatoes.
- Turn off the heat, then drain the potatoes well and allow to cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Place them back into the pot and pour olive oil over the warm potatoes. Stir well.
- Then sprinkle garlic and herb seasoning over the potatoes and stir again.
- Make sure they are cool enough to handle. Then begin wrapping the slices of bacon over the potatoes.
- Stick a toothpick through the bacon and potato to hold it all in place while baking. Then place on baking sheet.
- Continue with the rest of the potatoes. Season the tops of all the potatoes with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Pop the baking tray into the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- You want the bacon crispy and the potatoes should be fork tender.
- Combine sour cream and sliced green onion and serve as a dip for the potatoes!
- For a pop of color, sprinkle the tops of the potatoes with dried parsley (optional)
- If you're potatoes are on the smaller side, you can cut the bacon into smaller pieces to make them fit.