6 slices bacon
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with dry mustard.
Cut up each brat into three pieces (you can make them smaller if you like).
Cut up each bacon slice into three pieces as well.
- 1 package fully cooked smoked bratwurst, 14oz.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lining your sheet with parchment paper will really help with clean up later.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with dry mustard.
- Cut up each brat into three pieces (you can make them smaller if you like).
- Cut up each bacon slice into three pieces as well.
- Wrap each brat slice with a slice of bacon.
- Don't worry, you don't need to secure it with anything. They stick to each other pretty nicely.
- Cover each bacon wrapped brat with the brown sugar mixture. Then place on baking sheet and continue with the rest of them.
- Bake brats for 25-30 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
- These brats do produce some grease from the bacon.
- If you'd like, after baking, you can place the brats on some paper towels before putting them on plates to absorb any extra grease.
To serve, just insert toothpicks in each one. And serve with your favorite types of mustards; yellow, honey mustard, spicy brown, etc. This recipe works well with Lit'l Smokies too!