BACON WRAPPED BRATWURST (BRATS)
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT TYPE OF SAUSAGE?
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
smoked (fully cooked) bratwurst
light brown sugar
HOW TO MAKE BACON WRAPPED BRATWURST BITES:
Originally published: January 2012
Updated & republished: December 2019
BACON WRAPPED BRATWURST BITES
- 1 (14 oz) package fully cooked smoked bratwurst
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar with dry mustard.
- Cut up each brat into three pieces (you can make them smaller if you like).
- Cut up each bacon slice into three pieces as well.
- Wrap each brat slice with a slice of bacon.
- Roll each bacon wrapped brat with the brown sugar mixture. Then place on baking sheet and continue with the rest of them.
- Bake brats for 25-30 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
- These brats do produce some grease from the bacon. If you'd like, after baking, you can place the brats on some paper towels before putting them on plates to absorb any extra grease.