Cornbread Sausage Muffins are made with a Mexican cornbread mix with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and sliced cheddar sausages.
MINI SAUSAGE CORNDOGS
My son loves mini cornbread muffins (made with the sweet yellow cornbread muffin mix with sliced hot dogs in them.) So I figured, why not a grown up version with jalapeño sausage and Mexican cornbread? They turned out AMAZING. I ate about 5 all by myself. And surprisingly, these were not all that spicy.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE CORNBREAD SAUSAGE MUFFINS:
- Instead of ketchup and mustard as the dips, you could use BBQ sauce and honey mustard.
- Use any precooked sausage you enjoy. Cooked bratwurst or just regular ole hot dogs can work in this.
- Also, you could certainly kick the spice up by using a Pepper Jack cheese instead of sharp cheddar.
- You can use two packets of the cornbread mix (just double the milk and egg amounts).
- For this recipe, you’ll only use about 3 sausages from this pack. If you double the recipe, the one pack of sausages will be enough for the doubled recipe.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- jalapeño and cheddar fully-cooked sausage
- Mexican cornbread muffin mix
- sharp cheddar cheese
HOW TO CORNBREAD SAUSAGE MUFFINS:
Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray (note: this recipe makes 24 mini muffins.) Slice up sausages into 1-inch thick slices.
Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg.
Stir in shredded cheddar cheese.
Scoop up filling and begin filling muffin tin. I love these spring-loaded scoops. I have three different sizes of them and they make things like this SO easy. This one is a tablespoon size. I also have a 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup sizes. If there is one kitchen utensil you should own – it’s these!
Place sausage slices on top of cornbread batter.
Bake for about 7-9 minutes (until golden brown.) Serve warm.
I served these with BBQ sauce and Honey Mustard. I actually liked the combination of the two sauces together. So good!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Cornbread Sausage Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice up sausages into 1-inch thick slices.
- Combine cornbread mix with milk and egg.
- Stir in cheese.
- Scoop up filling and begin filling muffin tin.
- Place sausage slices on top of cornbread batter.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes (until golden brown)
- I served these with BBQ sauce and Honey Mustard.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.