Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. All opinions and text are my own.
Cheesy BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken and Potatoes
That title is a bit of a mouthful, huh? 😉 I guess you really could call this a casserole since it has layers and it’s really a whole meal in one pan. This Cheesy BBQ Bacon Ranch Chicken and Potatoes recipe has so much flavor, you’ll want to make it again and again. Layers of Little potatoes, bacon and chicken all seasoned with a light coating of bbq and ranch dressing. Then, I topped it off with cheese. Yes. Yes I did. 🙂
Little Potatoes – Nutritious and Delicious!
These special Little potatoes that I am using in today’s recipe are not only butter-y and creamy but they pack a lot of nutrition in a small package. Naturally fat-free, sodium-free, cholesterol-free, gluten-free and only 120 calories per serving.
These Creamer potatoes are truly a perfect part of my regular diet. Packed with essential vitamins and minerals and containing 4.5 cups of vegetables per 1.5 lb bag, they are a great side (or main dish!) any night of the week.
Picky Eater Approved!
When I say picky eater – I mean picky eater. My husband is ridiculously picky about food. He won’t even try my recipes that have even a smidgen of green pepper, pasta or rice in them (seriously!)
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 lbs chicken breasts (about 4-5)
1/2 lb bacon
1.5 lbs Dynamic Duo Little potatoes, cut in quarters
salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
2 cups Triple cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
3 green onions. sliced
Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray an 11 x 7 (or 9×13) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Cut up bacon. Add to potato mixture; mix lightly. Spoon potatoes and bacon into a 13×9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining prepared dressing over potatoes and stir to coat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken over potato mixture.
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1.5 lbs lbs chicken breasts (about 4-5) or chicken tenders
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1.5 lbs Dynamic Duo Little potatoes, cut in quarters
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- 2 cups Triple cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 3 green onions. sliced
- Mix together the ranch dressing and BBQ sauce in a bowl.
Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a gallon-size ziploc bag, pour half the prepared dressing over chicken breasts. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray an 11 x 7 (or 9x13) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until bacon is almost fully cooked (not crisp.) Remove bacon from skillet, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Set aside bacon on paper towels.
- Add potatoes to reserved drippings; season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook about 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Cut up bacon. Add to potato mixture; mix lightly. Spoon potatoes and bacon into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining prepared dressing over potatoes and stir to coat. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken over potato mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 45 min. Top with cheese.
- Cover again and place back into oven for an additional 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly cooked (165f degrees) and potatoes are fork tender.
- Top with sliced green onions before serving.